Pls i urgently need help

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike90250
    • May 2009

There may still be hope. Sealed batteries come in two types. AGM & GEL.
    AGM is used for many things, including solar
    GEL is only used for long term backup/standby.
    AGM has plates separated by layers of glass matting, and then liquid electrolyte is added, then drained and sealed. What stays in the glass mat, is what the battery uses, and it is still a liquid.
    GEL adds some chemical to the liquid electrolyte, which turns it into a paste, which can only be charged slowly because the paste cannot move freely like liquid.

Some stores call AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat) gel batteries, Can you tell us what the label or sticker on the battery says, make, brand, model ?
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• Dany
      • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Mike90250
      There may still be hope. Sealed batteries come in two types. AGM & GEL.
      AGM is used for many things, including solar
      GEL is only used for long term backup/standby.
      AGM has plates separated by layers of glass matting, and then liquid electrolyte is added, then drained and sealed. What stays in the glass mat, is what the battery uses, and it is still a liquid.
      GEL adds some chemical to the liquid electrolyte, which turns it into a paste, which can only be charged slowly because the paste cannot move freely like liquid.

Some stores call AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat) gel batteries, Can you tell us what the label or sticker on the battery says, make, brand, model ?
      Thank you Mike, the battery name is Rita, the name is common in this part of the world. Am not sure if the they're AGM or GEL.

Comment

• Dany
        • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Logan005
        If you have the 48 volt specific MorningStar 60a charger, is a very nice unit.
        I plan to do it in 2days time . I will definitely keep you guys update.. Thank you for your time.

Comment

• Logan005
          Solar Fanatic
          • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Dany

Fortunately and Unfortunately I paid for the batteries but they're new not used. Well If it manage to work for more than a year then it would be a bargain considering the price..#smile. I got your point but my problem is i need to manage this situation pending the time that I will have enough money to invest in a better cc .
          Better CC? Unless you've misinformed us, you have one of the best 48volt CC's they make.

4X Suniva 250 watt, 8X t-105, OB Fx80, dc4812vrf

Comment

• SunEagle
            Super Moderator
            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Dany

Fortunately and Unfortunately I paid for the batteries but they're new not used. Well If it manage to work for more than a year then it would be a bargain considering the price..#smile. I got your point but my problem is i need to manage this situation pending the time that I will have enough money to invest in a better cc .
            If that Morningstar CC is rated for 60 amps to charge a 48volt battery system you should be ok using those 6 x 300w panels wired 2 sets of 3.

Your problem are those batteries. With 4 x 12v 200Ah wired in series you have a 48v 200Ah system but you can get as much as 37.5 amps (1800w / 48v = 37.5 amps) from your CC which is a little aggressive for a 200Ah battery system. (200Ah / 37.5a = 5.3hr)

Comment

• Dany
              • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Logan005

Better CC? Unless you've misinformed us, you have one of the best 48volt CC's they make.
              I got your point ,thanks for the enlightenment.

Comment

• Dany
                • Feb 2016

Am happy to announce to you guys that the system is up and running all thanks to you all. Now permit me to use this medium to thank everyone that view this topic or contributed in one way or other. #Gracia.

Comment

Working...