X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I believe Schneider is purposely restricting information to ensure the livelihoods of their field consultants who hawk their equipment. That's fine. Schneider may save face with me yet. They just accepted me as an installer and I now have a direct line to the tech department.
    Too much stuff for 50 characters

Comment

That is great, you certainly have the skill set to do that. Let me know if they give you the documentation you need. I'd like to hear their answer on the question I've poked at several "experts"

"Can 3 XW+ Inverters be connected for 3 phase output on a 240 volt delta hi-leg commercial 3 phase service"

In theory is is possible if the inputs/outputs are line to line only with no neutral connection.

Or if a line-neutral-line connection is required.

"Can the XW+ handle a situation where neutral will be 60 degrees out of phase with the input line to line phase"

Correct me if I'm wrong on that, I would think that with a delta hi-leg connection phasing would be:

A phase to B phase neutral is in phase
      B phase to C phase neutral is +60 degrees out of phase
      C phase to A phase neutral is -60 degrees out of phase

Tough question for sure, post above contains mr. d.a. answer to that and I do not think phase C Inverter would survive startup! I'd like to hear that one from an "expert"

Quote from d.a. Yes the inverters need to be wired for 120 volts.........it's in the manual
      maybe he didn't really read the question or did not understand the issue. I was not paying him for the answer to that question, he offered that explanation
      I think the only solution is a delta-wye transformer, again don't know if the XW+ can handle that situation
      My workshop POCO service is 480/277 with a wye-delta transformer connected delta hi-leg 240 volt. It's an industrial building and service.

Comment

Is there no way to pm each other on this forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Hotrod View Post
          No.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotrod View Post
            The PM feature was removed since it was being used inappropriately to sell items.

Comment

Hot Rod,

you can pm me from solar-electric forum or forum.midniteftp.com, same user name. Can't post my email......bots
              Last edited by Tecnodave; 05-30-2019, 10:23 AM. Reason: EDIT......oh oh, don't want to steer on toes here....

Comment

Schneider solar homepage
                https://solar.schneider-electric.com/

Hover products drop-down menu, and choose what equipment you are looking for.

Comment

Link takes you to a page that touts all the capabilities of the equipment. scroll past all that until you see this:

It's everything I was asking for. I hope this helps anybody looking for Schneider literature on Schneider's solar equipment.

Comment

They intentionally hide stuff down in there somewhere, that is a much better page of documentation than I have seen, kuddo's to Schneider for getting that togather, They are evolving out of Zanterx's mess.

Comment

The vast majority of people who buy this equipment would never understand these manuals to begin with, why make the info difficult to get? Then again maybe your point about the Zantrex mess is what they are currently trying to overcome. I have definitely read a large number of threads with complaints about a lack of quality information. Maybe those complaints will soon end.

Comment

In Schneider's other divisions I do not have issues at all, I've worked on European manufactured equipment contains Schneider's Multi 9 din rail components that are not sold in NA, but I can get data and parts, Multi 9 is used widely in E.U. but not here, had to swap in a MidNite din rail breaker to replace a Multi 9 breaker more than once, but the tech data is there!

Comment

Why make it difficult? To support their outside consultants...

Comment

I feel like I still have a lot of learning to do and I'm sure there's tons of room left for improvement, but here's what I'm looking like right now.

Battery, same day.

Comment

Working...
                            X