No announcement yet.

New Version of Solar Panel Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see that the firefox spell check is now working right, and log-ins are remembering I'm logged in, Thanks
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Sorry to rehash an old thread. Does anyone know what the orange bar graph under our usernames means? It's says I'm a Splendid one to behold. I think I'm OK, but when the board calls me splendid, I just feel like it's being sarcastic.

Comment

Originally posted by sdold View Post
        Sorry to rehash an old thread. Does anyone know what the orange bar graph under our usernames means? It's says I'm a Splendid one to behold. I think I'm OK, but when the board calls me splendid, I just feel like it's being sarcastic.
        I haven't a clue as to what that orange bar graph is. It showed up when the Forum switched to the new Server.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post

I haven't a clue as to what that orange bar graph is. It showed up when the Forum switched to the new Server.
          Actually when we switched to the 5.2 version of the vBulletin software that runs it.
          It looks to me a lot like a fortune cookie. Not much if any significance to the phrases. The color bar seems to be related to number of posts, number of times quoted, and other use statistics.
          But I have not seen a description of it anywhere.
          A quick Google search for vBulletin info turned up nothing.
          Last edited by inetdog; 09-29-2016, 07:45 PM.
          SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Does your status step up to the next level i.e. Member - Solar expert - Solar fanatic, once you fill the bar graph?
            2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Originally posted by littleharbor View Post
              Does your status step up to the next level i.e. Member - Solar expert - Solar fanatic, once you fill the bar graph?
              I don't think that is it. The various member role descriptions you see are a mixture of automatic assignments and voluntary editing of the role back when the forum software allowed that. And I have not seen a bar graph reset when the user advances a level.
              SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Huh?

Comment

I just noticed my status used to be solar expert, which I thought was odd because that's what I started with. Now it's Junior Member which is probably more appropriate.

Comment

Scratch that last comment. I confused this with the NAWS site. Same scenario, different site.

Comment

Maybe it has something to do with the number of recent posts, rather than overall number.

Comment

Its like your credit rating; supposed to be as high as possible, but what makes it up is a secret. With 1900 posts
                        I rate 2 bars. Credit rating 826, so what? Bruce Roe

Comment

I just noticed a "Member" with 70 posts and My status is "Junior Member" W/ 4 bars with 155 posts. No rhyme or reason. Could it be total words contained in all the posts?

Comment

Working...
                          X