Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • solar pete
    Administrator
    • May 2014

Yes more fixes are on the way, we are going to hire a vBulletin expert to help out, our guys just dont get time. Thanks for your patience.

Comment

• Sunking
      Solar Fanatic
      • Feb 2010

Here is the best tip you will ever get to fix it.

ROLL BACK to VB4.2.3
      MSEE, PE

Comment

• solar pete
        Administrator
        • May 2014

Originally posted by Sunking
        Here is the best tip you will ever get to fix it.

ROLL BACK to VB4.2.3

err......how about NO.......we will get it done at some point, might have a guy lined up, am writing a job/project spec today and will post it for the mods to have a look at

Comment

• Yaryman
          Banned
          • Aug 2015

Question about the upgrade. Was it something like a wordpress blog where the upgrade is pretty much done on the back end so speak
          or is a programmer hired to do the upgrade? I ask because several things changed that made no sense at all.

Comment

• inetdog
            Super Moderator
            • May 2012

Originally posted by Yaryman
            Question about the upgrade. Was it something like a wordpress blog where the upgrade is pretty much done on the back end so speak
            or is a programmer hired to do the upgrade? I ask because several things changed that made no sense at all.
            I would say somewhere in between. The database conversion and the basic page format customization were supposed to be almost automatic, but with a need for quite a few tweaks along the way.
            The bigger problem was that the feature set changed and some of the features were implemented differently.

Some of the things that made the least sense are bugs in the new version.
            SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

• Yaryman
              Banned
              • Aug 2015

Will PM's and messages ( or what ever it was called ) come back? Will they come back on that shi tty style designed by an idiot?
              One would have to work very hard to make a system that confusing and user unfriendly.
              Was the work done by a former Yahoo ad words coder?
              Will you be taken to the last page you have read on a thread?
              Will the threads have a link to the last page?
              Will Youtube links work as they do on other forums?
              Will the system be able to send emails out to anything other than Gmail?

Sorry to ask all these questions, but it really does not good to ask them after the fix has happened.

You mentioned having the mods look at the spec changes, maybe it wouldn't hurt to have more eyes take a look.

Thanks.

Comment

• sensij
                Solar Fanatic
                • Sep 2014

There is already link to the last page of the thread... the small box with the double arrow to the right of the last post time. snip.JPG

If you've been following along, you'd see that PM's were shut off because they were not being used in a way that supported the purpose of the forum.

The image and hyperlinking in this new version works much better for me than it did in the old one, although I don't reference YouTube. Really, if what you say about not supporting those links is accurate, the forum is probably better off without it... way too much misinformation there just waiting to be shared.

I'm not saying that the new version is flawless, and getting email working again should be near the top of the list in my opinion. Style and usability feedback is not likely to result in consensus; your opinions are not universally shared. I find the desktop interface pretty good, but the mobile interface is too limited, and requesting as a desktop site doesn't always work very well.
                CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

• DanKegel
                  Banned
                  • Sep 2014

Originally posted by sensij
                  There is already link to the last page of the thread... the small box with the double arrow to the right of the last post time.
                  Sweet sassy molassy! I never saw that. That will save me some time. Maybe the small box needs to be bigger, or be text instead.

BTW it was only two days ago that I heard why PMs were turned off. It makes sense now.

I highly support not rolling back to an old release. Security bugs are nasty, and there is really good reason to stay up to date.

Comment

• Yaryman
                    Banned
                    • Aug 2015

Sensij, Thanks for pointing out that feature. It should remain there AND it should also be added to the location where it's been on EVERY board since the beginning of time. I realize you didn't move it in the "upgrade".

I never mentioned taking the board back to an earlier version. That was Sunking. I think he made that post in rather large text.

Sensij, when I posted the questions, I hoped the people in charge of the board would answer. You know, best to get the answer straight from the horse's mouth.

Do you speak for the board?
                    Last edited by Yaryman; 02-24-2016, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• randomuser
                      • Feb 2016

I just created an account today. I had to create a Gmail account to be able to post. I also tried a bunch of different user names. I'm guessing they're not all used already. This username is just something I tried to see if it works. If there are format restrictions to the username, that should be specified on the registration page. That's my feedback from a 1 hour old member.

Comment

• SunEagle
                        Super Moderator
                        • Oct 2012

Sensij, Thanks for pointing out that feature. It should remain there AND it should also be added to the location where it's been on EVERY board since the beginning of time. I realize you didn't move it in the "upgrade".

I never mentioned taking the board back to an earlier version. That was Sunking. I think he made that post in rather large text.

Sensij, when I posted the questions, I hoped the people in charge of the board would answer. You know, best to get the answer straight from the horse's mouth.

As far as I know the Mods have been feeding input to solar pete on what things have been "broken" and need to be fixed. There is now another IT person focused on cleaning up those issues.

Comment

• inetdog
                          Super Moderator
                          • May 2012

The other jocation was a cusomizstion and not all customizations came thou the upgrade
                          SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

• solar pete
                            Administrator
                            • May 2014

Ok we just ran the 5.2 upgrade and are testing stuff.

Comment

• bcroe
                              Solar Fanatic
                              • Jan 2012

Last time I tried, all the pictures I had uploaded were gone. They still appeared on some old posts, though. Bruce Roe

Comment

• solar pete
                                Administrator
                                • May 2014

Hi All,

We have got a few things fixed lately ( I know about time etc) and we have some more to come with a few more things being added to Glenn list, by the way Glenn is the new guy based in CA who is going to do some weekend work on SPT, cheers

Comment

Working...