small capacity 12v pump for 60m well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small capacity 12v pump for 60m well

The water level of my well with pvc pipe is only 6-12 meter. At the end of the pipe i put a footvalve and it works fine with this small 12v pump, ofcourse solar powered. Ok,not so many liters per minutes but i take that fro granted.

my question is will it work also when the well is 60m deep. Using a footvalve the waterlevel is always on top. Will the footvalve also work when the well is that deep?
    Attached Files

6 to 12 meters is a far cry from 60 meters. If your flow is minimal now, it will be nonexistent at 60 meters. you will likely need a more powerful pump. You could consider a 24 volt pump. are you running this pump straight from a solar panel or array? If running from battery, why did you chose 12v? 12 volt pumps are very limited.

Comment

Im running this pump with a chargecontroller and battery. This small pump is rated 80 psi.
      Because i use a footvalve there is always water on top of the wellpipe. Im asking above question cause a friend want to use the same pump as i have and his well is 60m.

will the footvalve also open when the pipe is 60m deep assuming that there are no leaks/air.
      Last edited by fivewin; 06-16-2017, 01:45 PM.

Comment

again, this is very unlikely to work at 60 meters, No, the foot valve will be under more pressure than a 12 volt pump can displace.

Comment

Theoretically it is possible to create suction up to 10.3 meter = equal to -1 bar absolute vacuum
          Most of the time this is not possible
          More realistic is 6-7 meter very good pump 7-8 meter
          A water column of 10 meter gives a static pressure of 1 bar = equal to 14.7 PSI
          60 meter will give 6 times more
          No way the foot valve will open

Comment

for 60m you need to use a submersible pump. you cannot suck water that high, you get vaporlock or something like that.
            Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
            || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
            || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
            gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Time to Nuke this guy.
              2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Originally posted by littleharbor View Post
                Time to Nuke this guy.
                the person is now gone.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post

the person is now gone.