Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you offer some advice on refrigeration?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't see where you're calculating LP cost. I'm dealing with this exact ordeal at my off grid vacation cabin. I've burnt through 320 gallons of propane in 14 months, and at $1.79 a gallon that adds up. I'm going with a Dometic 65 dual zone. They make a larger 95 qt version that you might look into. Not spending $500/year on propane will pay for the Dometic in 2 years. I leave the fridge on year around, because they take 24 hours to cool down and I like keeping cold drinks, condiments, etc there so I don't have to haul those everytime I go.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonie View Post
      I didn't see where you're calculating LP cost. I'm dealing with this exact ordeal at my off grid vacation cabin. I've burnt through 320 gallons of propane in 14 months, and at $1.79 a gallon that adds up. I'm going with a Dometic 65 dual zone. They make a larger 95 qt version that you might look into. Not spending $500/year on propane will pay for the Dometic in 2 years. I leave the fridge on year around, because they take 24 hours to cool down and I like keeping cold drinks, condiments, etc there so I don't have to haul those everytime I go.
      Do you have 120V power? I converted a chest freezer to a fridge and it only consumes .5Kwh a day.
      1150W, Midnite Classic 200, Cotek PSW, 8 T-605s

Comment

Working...
      X