Clear All

• Solarhobby
    replied
    OOPs my bad.

Leave a comment:

• Naptown
    replied
    What
    Sneaking an actual solar question into the way off topic political discussion

Since you are new that is the sarcastic font

Leave a comment:

• Solarhobby
    replied
    Voting Sheep

Originally posted by russ
    I rather think both parties are equally bad on this point. Some members because they are stupid, come because they are lazy with a handful that have adequate understanding of physics to pour pee out of their boot if the instructions were written on the heel.

I maintain that maybe 80% of the public should not be allowed to vote - they simply don't understand a position but vote for a feeling - case in point is the president.
    Boy you're not kidding!
    I have a teenager who I was helping study history recently. The book discussed the roots of communism and Marxism where it was described that the main tenant of Marxism was redistribution of wealth. A couple chapters later McCarthy was discussed and demonized for his "witch hunt".
    I then pointed out to my child that the person residing in the white house (he who must not be named) is hell bent on redistribution of wealth. McCarthy wasn't such a witch hunter after all!
    You think they pointed this out in school? Not a chance!

Anyway, does anyone use capacitors to improve the power factor of their load?

Leave a comment:

• Sunking
    replied
    Originally posted by SunEagle
    Just thinking about that makes me afraid.
    Me too, but if you know history, it will happen someday. All governments fail and collapse.

Leave a comment:

• SunEagle
    replied
    Just thinking about that makes me afraid.

Leave a comment:

• Sunking
    replied
    Originally posted by Naptown
    You left out that politicians generally prefer an unarmed population.
    Well unfortunately in the USA the public is afraid to exercise their second amendment right to clean out Washington. Someday like Syria it may happen.

Leave a comment:

• Naptown
    replied
    Originally posted by Sunking
    That is because the majority of the public is uneducated and ignorant. Something most politicians like to keep that way, especially one party in particular. Today we call it Political Correctness. You can lead the uninformed public like sheep to slaughter.
    You left out that politicians generally prefer an unarmed population.

Leave a comment:

• russ
    replied
    That is because the majority of the public is uneducated and ignorant. Something most politicians like to keep that way, especially one party in particular. Today we call it Political Correctness. You can lead the uninformed public like sheep to slaughter.
    I rather think both parties are equally bad on this point. Some members because they are stupid, come because they are lazy with a handful that have adequate understanding of physics to pour pee out of their boot if the instructions were written on the heel.

I maintain that maybe 80% of the public should not be allowed to vote - they simply don't understand a position but vote for a feeling - case in point is the president.

Leave a comment:

• Sunking
    replied
    I would go further and just say that a lot of people are just afraid without knowing the facts.

Leave a comment:

• SunEagle
    replied
    Common tactic of the uninformed. They are afraid of facts and do not want to know about them.

For example there is no reason to store spent fuel rods. The USA is the only country that does that. Liberals and anti-nukes do not want the public to know that.
    I would go further and just say that a lot of people are just afraid without knowing the facts.

Then there are those unscrupulous people that take advantage of that fear and convince the rest of the people that to get rid of the "monster under the bed" they need to eliminate everything that creates this monster even though there is no hard evidence of any link between the two.

Don't get me started on the rising ocean level fear process again. I could probably get to me rich selling inner tubes and rafts.

Leave a comment:

• Sunking
    replied
    So instead of attacking others or using fear tactics with reference to radioactivity and those nasty fossil fuel pollutants
    Common tactic of the uninformed. They are afraid of facts and do not want to know about them.

For example there is no reason to store spent fuel rods. The USA is the only country that does that. Liberals and anti-nukes do not want the public to know that.

Leave a comment:

• SunEagle
    replied
    Originally posted by Beanyboy57
    Why are you suggesting that I drop out of this conversation? I am on this site to contribute and learn and that is what I intend to do. I have seen how you attack other people, hiding behind the safety of your moderator status. I could count on one hand the positive contributions you have made to this site. Whilst others who are critical of my comments usually try to educate me and others like me so that we learn along the way. If this site was totally made up of experts talking to experts what use would it be to the vast majority of people who have a thirst for knowledge and are eager to participate in the solar panel talk?
    After all that is what this site is about isn't it?

I am here to learn and I love nothing better than to be taught about a subject that I know very little about.
    I have a GT and an OG system on two of my properties. I know that the OG system is a money burner but at least it has given me first hand experience as to the pitfalls of that type of system and some information to share. Can you say the same?
    Maybe not drop out of the conversation just tone down your attitude that anyone that does not believe in what you believe in is old fashion or gets a profit from the fossil fuel industry.

I have been working with solar pv systems since the mid 70's. I truly believe in this technology along with finding the holey grail of batteries. I also know that people who think renewable energy sources will provide us with 100% of our needs do not know the rest of the story. Being in the electrical engineering and power distribution field for 40 years I believe I have learned a few things that can and can't happen with our current technology.

So instead of attacking others or using fear tactics with reference to radioactivity and those nasty fossil fuel pollutants try to keep an open mind while we help you learn more about this technology. I am on your side and want this technology to work but I am also pragmatic and realize that wishing for something to happen and learning how to make it happen are two different things.

Leave a comment:

• russ
    replied
    Nope - I am not stupid. Where I live there are no subsidies for solar so virtually no PV even though the electric rates are about 20 cents US - it is not cost effective without the subsidies.

Solar water heaters are common here - they are quite cost effective.

Leave a comment:

• Beanyboy57
    replied
    Originally posted by russ
    Beany - I suggest you drop the topic that you know nothing about.

There are hundreds of millions that go into research on storage yearly - it ain't easy.

If you followed the topic on the net you would know this - and I don't mean on silly green sites either.
    Why are you suggesting that I drop out of this conversation? I am on this site to contribute and learn and that is what I intend to do. I have seen how you attack other people, hiding behind the safety of your moderator status. I could count on one hand the positive contributions you have made to this site. Whilst others who are critical of my comments usually try to educate me and others like me so that we learn along the way. If this site was totally made up of experts talking to experts what use would it be to the vast majority of people who have a thirst for knowledge and are eager to participate in the solar panel talk?
    After all that is what this site is about isn't it?

I am here to learn and I love nothing better than to be taught about a subject that I know very little about.
    I have a GT and an OG system on two of my properties. I know that the OG system is a money burner but at least it has given me first hand experience as to the pitfalls of that type of system and some information to share. Can you say the same?

Leave a comment:

• russ
    replied
    Beany - I suggest you drop the topic that you know nothing about.

There are hundreds of millions that go into research on storage yearly - it ain't easy.

If you followed the topic on the net you would know this - and I don't mean on silly green sites either.
    Last edited by russ; 04-09-2013, 04:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...