Hi. Sunking, any idea what charger controller I can use as you mentioned earlier which can charge a battery bank of 500V or more, I can only find up to 100V...??? Thanks
Try our solar cost and savings calculator
Stand Alone System powering 3 phase load
Collapse
X
-
-
100% correct! ne can learn all they want but this has to be an engineered system - too large for DIY[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Comment
-
I am pretty sure there are people on this site qualified enough to give me direction on this, it is a design project and so will not go to installation but I need some guidance initially...
Many thanksComment
-
I'll consider myself Not qualified, as the power and voltages you are talking about are magnatudes above what I deal with, and I've seen enough Arc Flash videos (on you tube) to know that this project is way out of my league.Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
|| Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
|| VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A
solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-ListerComment
-
I do not consider myself qualified either. This is beyond my realm of knowledge.NABCEP certified Technical Sales Professional
[URL="http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showthread.php?5334-Solar-Off-Grid-Battery-Design"]http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showth...Battery-Design[/URL]
[URL]http://www.calculator.net/voltage-drop-calculator.html[/URL] (Voltage drop Calculator among others)
[URL="http://www.gaisma.com"]www.gaisma.com[/URL]Comment
-
Ok. All I am saying is I am not going to install this, it is all theoriticall. Firstly I wouldn't put myself in danger and secondly i wouldn't spend all that money on something I know requires a professional to design....Comment
-
Your project is so far beyond most solar installs, I would not have any idea where to begin, except I've seen huge, container mounted inverters at the Xantrex website.Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
|| Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
|| VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A
solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-ListerComment
Copyright © 2014 SolarReviews All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 6.1.3
Copyright © 2026 MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 2026 MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All rights reserved.
All times are GMT-5. This page was generated at 05:44 AM.
Comment