Stand Alone System powering 3 phase load

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Solariser
    Junior Member
    • May 2012
    • 16

    #31
    Hi. Sunking, any idea what charger controller I can use as you mentioned earlier which can charge a battery bank of 500V or more, I can only find up to 100V...??? Thanks

    Comment

    • russ
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jul 2009
      • 10360

      #32
      Originally posted by maple flats
      Basically, it sounds like you need to enlist the services of the appropriatly licensed solar engineer. While it is good to understand this in concept, it is definately not a do it yourself project!
      100% correct! ne can learn all they want but this has to be an engineered system - too large for DIY
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

      Comment

      • Solariser
        Junior Member
        • May 2012
        • 16

        #33
        I am pretty sure there are people on this site qualified enough to give me direction on this, it is a design project and so will not go to installation but I need some guidance initially...

        Many thanks

        Comment

        • Mike90250
          Moderator
          • May 2009
          • 16020

          #34
          I'll consider myself Not qualified, as the power and voltages you are talking about are magnatudes above what I deal with, and I've seen enough Arc Flash videos (on you tube) to know that this project is way out of my league.
          Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
          || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
          || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

          solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
          gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

          Comment

          • Naptown
            Solar Fanatic
            • Feb 2011
            • 6880

            #35
            I do not consider myself qualified either. This is beyond my realm of knowledge.
            NABCEP certified Technical Sales Professional

            [URL="http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showthread.php?5334-Solar-Off-Grid-Battery-Design"]http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showth...Battery-Design[/URL]

            [URL]http://www.calculator.net/voltage-drop-calculator.html[/URL] (Voltage drop Calculator among others)

            [URL="http://www.gaisma.com"]www.gaisma.com[/URL]

            Comment

            • Solariser
              Junior Member
              • May 2012
              • 16

              #36
              Ok. All I am saying is I am not going to install this, it is all theoriticall. Firstly I wouldn't put myself in danger and secondly i wouldn't spend all that money on something I know requires a professional to design....

              Comment

              • Mike90250
                Moderator
                • May 2009
                • 16020

                #37
                Your project is so far beyond most solar installs, I would not have any idea where to begin, except I've seen huge, container mounted inverters at the Xantrex website.
                Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
                || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
                || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

                solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
                gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

                Comment

                Working...