Schneider has likely lost my future business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schneider has likely lost my future business

What happened to this company? They used to have stellar customer support. Not it's pretty much non-existent. The last straw for me is that their Insight2 portal has dropped Combox support. As of 10-1-20 my Combox data is no longer available on Insight2. I can login but no data shows. Schneider is trying to force people to buy a Gateway for $500 which I read has plenty of issues. No support, no firmware updates to support lithium, keeping the Xanbus protocols closed to BMS manufacturers leaves a bad taste in my mouth with thousands I have spent on their equipment.

I will continue to use my Schneider equipment for many years and figure out my own "workarounds" but when it's time to upgrade Schneider will not get my business. Rant over.
    Conext XW5548
    Conext MPPT60-150

Xantrex products were in trouble when they got bought by Schneider and being a tiny part of a huge corporation hasn't helped.
    I no longer have a Xantrex on my house either.... (have several in the bone yard though)
    BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

I'm not promoting Schneider and not saying that the world is terrible, but I've found quite a few large companies that aren't supporting customers like they used to or should. I'll spare you the stories.
      7kW Roof PV, APsystems QS1 micros, Nissan Leaf EV

Comment

Originally posted by solarix View Post
        Xantrex products were in trouble when they got bought by Schneider and being a tiny part of a huge corporation hasn't helped.
        I no longer have a Xantrex on my house either.... (have several in the bone yard though)
        Well it's sad because my XW5548 and MPPT 60 150 are great hardware. Schneider should spin off it's residential solar division to a company that is committed to developing and supporting these products and having a devoted customer base.
        Last edited by hammick; 10-02-2020, 11:20 AM.
        Conext XW5548
        Conext MPPT60-150

Comment

@hammick My Combox works well with Insight 2. It used to require the Gateway but they recently added Combox support when retiring Insight 1 (which was horrible). You might have to upgrade the firmware version on your Combox.

Comment

Originally posted by extrafu View Post
            @hammick My Combox works well with Insight 2. It used to require the Gateway but they recently added Combox support when retiring Insight 1 (which was horrible). You might have to upgrade the firmware version on your Combox.
            Extraful thanks for the feedback. My Combox has been working perfectly with Insight 2 ever since I migrated from Insight 1. Do you mind logging in and seeing if your Combox is online in Insight 2. I can login but my Combox shows disconnected. I though I had seen something on the Insight 2 webpage that Combox support was going away on 10-1-20 which coincides when I lost my connection.

I'll see if I have the latest firmware on my Combox.

Combox.PNG
            Conext XW5548
            Conext MPPT60-150

Comment

I re-flashed the latest firmware on my Combox. Still no connection. Here is a local screenshot of my Insight Portal setting on my Combox. Interested to see if anyone has a Combox pushing data to Insight 2 after 10-1-20. Thanks.

Combox2.PNG
              Conext XW5548
              Conext MPPT60-150

Comment

Mine is online.

Comment

Originally posted by extrafu View Post
                  Mine is online.
                  Thanks. I'm going to delete mine from Insight2 and add it back.
                  Conext XW5548
                  Conext MPPT60-150

Comment

We bought a complete Schneider Electric Wiser Energy home management system (10 SmartPlugs + controller) in 2015 so we could monitor how many kWh each of our devices were using... and CONTROL the hours each device was powered on using their Wiser Energy iOS app and web portal. Worked great for ~ 2 years... then Schneider discontinued these products AND DISCONTINUED OUR ACCESS SO WE CAN'T CHANGE THEIR SCHEDULES. They transferred these devices to Alarm.com who doesn't support them. I'll definitely avoid Schneider "smart" products in the future since they'll likely abandon these too.

Comment

I owe Schneider an apology. My Combox is now working with Insight 2. Somehow my network settings got changed so my Gateway address was improper. I'm glad I didn't get frustrated and buy the Gateway. I stand by my statement that their customer service is non-existent.
                      Conext XW5548
                      Conext MPPT60-150

Comment

I actually loved the Xantrex products very much, it is a pity what happened to them. However, I have to agree with bob-n, as Schneider is not the only one who does not offer customer support anymore. There are a lot of big companies that keep on doing this sh*t, and I do not really understand why, as it is not ok, at least that is my own opinion. I am working on my business plan right now, and I am going to use some outstaffing services
                        I really want my website to be perfect, and I am not going to ignore the customers.

MOD Note. EMbedding ad links into your posts will eventually lead you to being banned.
                        Last edited by Mike90250; 05-05-2021, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X