No announcement yet.

Kids Playhouse Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 3 of the power packs, They have a 12V 18ah AGM battery and each can easily run my CPAP for 8 hours. Never tried testing how long the USB chargers are good for, but I have the adapter for my dewalt battery packs that can charge my cell phone

But for a kids playhouse, abondon the 120VAC wiring, and use the jump packs..... and let the kids learn to bring them in to charge them up.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post

I have one of those jumpstart packs and use it to run a fan for my wife when the power goes out. It can only safely provide about 90 watt hours at 50% DOD but that is enough to run small loads or charge a phone.
      One advantage of using something like that for the playhouse is that if you have bad weather blocking your PV you can always carry the power pack to the house to charge it.
      SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Originally posted by inetdog View Post

One advantage of using something like that for the playhouse is that if you have bad weather blocking your PV you can always carry the power pack to the house to charge it.
        Yeah. They are light & portable and can provide enough power for small loads before they can be easily charged at the house.

I guess the big question is how many watt hours does the OP think his kids will use each day. Once that is determined then a portable battery system can be sized.

Comment

Working...
        X