Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • littleharbor
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jan 2016

Interesting crimper. The ones designed for MC-4 connectors have an adjustable bracket for holding the contacts at the correct depth in relation to the die's jaws. Did you try using something like WD-40 or some di electric grease to help slip the sleeve on?
    2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

• Ninety-9 SE-L
      • Nov 2019

Quick question. What should my voltages be for the AGM batteries?

I figure 29V for absorption and 27V for float, maybe a hair above. What would my voltage be at 25, 50, 75 and 100% DoD?

Comment

• travissand
        Solar Fanatic
        • Feb 2018

I'm concerned you're not going to save any money. It looks like that was your intent. You're spending a lot of money 2 destroy some lead acid batteries. But on the plus side you'll learn a lot. I

If you want to save some money you should grid-tie. That way you're using a tiny cheap grid-tie inverter with your solar panels and every bit of energy you use goes immediately into consumption. Personally I don't recommend this but

My experience my Flooded lead-acid batteries only take what they can handle oh, most of the time as others have pointed out. However my AGM batteries definitely suck up well over there manufacture specs in amperage before reaching the spec absorb voltage.
        Last edited by Mike90250; 12-17-2019, 04:04 AM. Reason: Whited out dangerous advice. Moderator

Comment

• travissand
          Solar Fanatic
          • Feb 2018

Originally posted by Ninety-9 SE-L
          Quick question. What should my voltages be for the AGM batteries?

I figure 29V for absorption and 27V for float, maybe a hair above. What would my voltage be at 25, 50, 75 and 100% DoD?
          For state of charge at different voltages a simple Google search and sort by images gets you to a graph. https://www.google.com/search?q=soc+...iw=360&bih=512

AGM batteries are very sensitive to over-voltage and overcharging. My AGM's in my 24 volt system can't handle the voltages you speak of. You need to look up the manufacturer specs.

I have some very expensive interstate 8D AGM batterys. over 200 amp hours each at 12 volts. I went to the interstate battery dealer and they could not even tell me the specs. I called their tech support line and they couldn't help. I kept calling tech support line until I got somebody who knew what the heck they were talking about and he emailed me a spec sheet that can be found nowhere on the internet. What I'm saying is you might have to call the manufacturer and harass them.

Last edited by travissand; 12-16-2019, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• travissand
            Solar Fanatic
            • Feb 2018

AGM batteries on a solar system are like delicate little flowers.

Comment

Working...