X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.P.M.
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by SunEagle

And I do not feel that any youtube video that shows someone how to fake out the grid tie inverter is safe. Especially for people that can't determine the difference between a kW / kWh or understand the requirements for proper over current protection.

I understand that someone will find a way to DIY a system that bends the rules but I will not condone those videos on this forum.

If you don't like my response then take it up with the Admin.
    YouTube: The new Idiot's bible.

Comment

• nwdiver
      Solar Fanatic
      • Mar 2019

Originally posted by J.P.M.

YouTube: The new Idiot's bible.
      Mike Holt and many other licensed electricians provide a lot of useful information on YouTube... is there another platform they should be using instead?

Comment

• sdold
        • Jun 2014

The problem with youtube is that the uninformed can't tell good info from bad. If you want to get free power from a spinning magnet perpetual-motion machine, there are videos that will show you how. If you are afraid of cancer from your Smartmeter, plenty of web sites and Youtube videos will agree with you. It's a lot of nonsense with a sprinkling of good info. Good stuff like Mike's videos are outnumbered 100 to 1.

Comment

• J.P.M.
          Solar Fanatic
          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by nwdiver

Mike Holt and many other licensed electricians provide a lot of useful information on YouTube... is there another platform they should be using instead?

https://www.mikeholt.com/tv-nec.php
          Yea, The source of the good information. For your example, Mike Holt.

One big and, for me, dangerous problem with You Tube is that it isn't vetted or authoritatively checked or even any attempt made at checking accuracy in any sufficient way I can see. So, any bonehead can post crap and the rest of us boneheads who don't know excrement from shoe polish can take it for gospel. GIGO.

One possibly good side effect to all that is that it may serve to improve the gene pool.

Comment

• inetdog
            Super Moderator
            • May 2012

To quote Larry Niven: "Think of it as evolution in action."
            SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

• J.P.M.
              Solar Fanatic
              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by inetdog
              To quote Larry Niven: "Think of it as evolution in action."
              Or, since evolution is like everything else - in the end driven by entropy - it's entropy at work for you and me.

I just saw a piece on the net of some YouTube asshole that got 15 months in the can and ordered to pay healthy compensation for doctoring oreos with tooth paste and giving them to a homeless Romanian.

Google: " YouTube star who gave toothpaste filled oreo to homeless man gets 15 month jail sentence." for details.

Apparently the YouTuber has realized a bit of ad revenue from his site. The piece claims the website has a million subscribers. Why am I not surprised ?

According to the piece I read, he's also fed cat crap sandwiches to schoolchildren as part of his YouTube site shenanigans.

YouTube sure is a good source for all that's new and cutting edge in the world.

Comment

Working...