How much for an off grid system ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much for an off grid system ?

I'm familiar with solar & wind. I did it in NE Arizona, but didn't have enough $$$ to do it right. That was years ago. Things have improved. I might try it again in Southern Colorado, but need to know roughly what it will cost me. Not too sure about panels made in the orient. My last electric bill said I used 12 kwh. Maybe that will help you answer this question. I forgot to say it would be a hybrid system using wind, solar and a gas driven battery charger. I'm a do it yourself kinda guy.
    Thank you ..... Alan
    Last edited by CracklePop; 04-15-2018, 01:54 PM.

How long did it take you to use 12 kWh ?

Comment

Generally, if you don't have to tie your hat on when you go outside, you don't have enough wind to be really useful

12kwh daily. Wow, that's pretty hefty ! Days when I pump water for 4 hours, I use 11-12kwh I started with a 3kw array, but unless weather was perfect, I seldom completed charging and had to fall back to generator. now with 5kw solar, I only use generator on 2nd cloudy day
      Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
      || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
      || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
      gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post
        How long did it take you to use 12 kWh ?
        OMG .....That's a monthly quote not a daily one

Comment

Working...
        X