X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wy_White_Wolf
    Solar Fanatic
    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by SunEagle

So how many watts is your solar array and how many watts is your pump?

It all comes down to size of the load and the amount of amps a pv system can generate. The time of year will make a big difference along with the location.

I have a solar DC driven fan that will continue to "spin" in very low light in the evening but the amount of CFM's it produces is very very small.

The OP is in NE Ohio which I don't think will get the same amount of sunlight as I do in Florida.
    120W panel and Shurflo 9300 series pump set 160 feet down with 66 static water level. It does pump less when it's overcast but as long as I can even faintly make out my shadow it will pump water. When I planned it out it should have only pumped 2 to 2.5 gpm but I've had it fill a 350 tank in 2 hours. I'm sure I could even increase the amount per day if I used 2 panels mounted at 60 degrees to each other facing east and west.

Comment

• SunEagle
      Super Moderator
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Wy_White_Wolf

120W panel and Shurflo 9300 series pump set 160 feet down with 66 static water level. It does pump less when it's overcast but as long as I can even faintly make out my shadow it will pump water. When I planned it out it should have only pumped 2 to 2.5 gpm but I've had it fill a 350 tank in 2 hours. I'm sure I could even increase the amount per day if I used 2 panels mounted at 60 degrees to each other facing east and west.

Sounds like a workable system. Nice.

Comment

Working...