• smily03
    • May 2015

Cool, makes sense. Thanks!

Comment

• Sunking
      Solar Fanatic
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Sub
      I haven't seen a bulk charge occurring in two years, goes straight to absorb in the morning. Thanks to my cheap CC, it keeps trying to push a full absorb voltage (58V) into the batteries, even when they are fully charged, for the full two hours that has been set for absorb mode. That results in regular over voltage disconnects - in effect giving a "Bounce" charge, which I understand old CCs used to do.

Would that bounce charging be similar to equalising? I use AGM batteries so am not meant to perform regular equalisation charges.

When the CC goes into Float, everything works fine, no bounce and no disconnects.
      If you are using AGM,Stratification issue goes away taking care of that problem. Sounds like you have a far bit of battery caoacity, and are not using much. One thing you can do is just the turn panels off for a day or two so as ti discharge down to 50% to make sure it is working right.

Sounds to me like you are not discharging deeply enough to see an Bulk charge.
      MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...