Tesla battery pack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the Tesla Emergency Response Guide (New Model S):

BATTERY FIRE. If the battery catches fire, is exposed to high heat, or is generating heat or gases, use large amounts of water to cool the battery. It can take approximately 3,000 gallons of water (applied directly to the battery); establish sufficient water supply. Extinguish small fires not involving the battery using typical vehicle firefighting procedures.

Do you have 3,000 gallons handy?

Comment

Originally posted by BoloMKXXVIII View Post
      From the Tesla Emergency Response Guide (New Model S):

BATTERY FIRE. If the battery catches fire, is exposed to high heat, or is generating heat or gases, use large amounts of water to cool the battery. It can take approximately 3,000 gallons of water (applied directly to the battery); establish sufficient water supply. Extinguish small fires not involving the battery using typical vehicle firefighting procedures.
      Simple solution: Put a 3,000 + gal. tank over the battery and make the tank bottom of celluloid.

Comment

Originally posted by extrafu View Post
        I would also like to see more info about Evmusic's installation. What CCs are you using? Which inverter? Show us pics too. I also ask because I am interested, but without much info, all is fuss about nothing.
        https://drive.google.com/file/d/13-m...dmMTntqfg/view

Comment

Originally posted by Evmusic View Post

I am not sure about what are you talking about. 99% of the population doesn't do electric work in their house and doesn't install solar system alone. In this case we are talking about the 1% who are either professional or understands it. I expect people making claim here understands it.
          You are full of crap. The 1% that does understand, knows you are full of crap. To bad 99% are gullible and will believe anything, especally from a con man like Ellon Musk. Heaven has a special place for Musk and followers.

MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
            You are full of crap. The 1% that does understand, knows you are full of crap. To bad 99% are gullible and will believe anything, especally from a con man like Ellon Musk. Heaven has a special place for Musk and followers.
            You started this 99% thing. Please, provide proof for Heaven.

Comment

Actually I made the statement that 99% of the people would not be able to "safely" use a Tesla battery for home energy storage. I think that number is really high because without a good electrical circuit knowledge and some common sense most people will kill themselves playing with something like that. So maybe a better number is closer to 50%.

If you are able to build and use a Tesla battery then great. But there are hundreds of people that come to this forum that have a problem understanding a basic solar panel, charge controller & battery system let alone something as complex as that Li batter and it's charging/cooling system.

And I don't need to prove anything. I just need to make sure that the novices that come to this forum aren't fooled into believing it is simple to built something as complex as a Li battery system.

If you can't understand the reason for me needing to provide safe information concerning solar then maybe you need to find some other DIY forum to play on.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post

Actually I made the statement that 99% of the people would not be able to "safely" use a Tesla battery for home energy storage. I think that number is really high because without a good electrical circuit knowledge and some common sense most people will kill themselves playing with something like that. So maybe a better number is closer to 50%.

If you are able to build and use a Tesla battery then great. But there are hundreds of people that come to this forum that have a problem understanding a basic solar panel, charge controller & battery system let alone something as complex as that Li batter and it's charging/cooling system.

And I don't need to prove anything. I just need to make sure that the novices that come to this forum aren't fooled into believing it is simple to built something as complex as a Li battery system.

If you can't understand the reason for me needing to provide safe information concerning solar then maybe you need to find some other DIY forum to play on.
                If you are advocating Nissan Leaf battery (an automotive battery, Li) for solar usage, AS YOU DID, please explain what component a person should NOT be aware of and NOT needed to safe operation?
                1. BMS?
                2.Charge Controller?
                3. Solar Panel?
                4. AC vs DC coupling?
                5. Inverter? Cut off Voltages?
                6. Basic safety and special fire suppression equipment?

I don't see the knowledge level difference you need operating one or the other safely other then your personal bias.

Comment

Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post

Can you tell me where I might get a look at the information you write of ?

Seems that would save all the angst and time you are reluctant to go through to provide.

Also a convenient and usually accepted way to meet the put up or shut up criteria.

Not saying you're wrong, but claims need support.

Extraordinary claims need lots of support.
                  Proof. Nothing extraordinary

https://057tech.com/solar

Comment

If you are advocating Nissan Leaf battery (an automotive battery, Li) for solar usage, AS YOU DID, please explain what component a person should NOT be aware of and NOT needed to safe operation?
                    1. BMS?
                    2.Charge Controller?
                    3. Solar Panel?
                    4. AC vs DC coupling?
                    5. Inverter? Cut off Voltages?
                    6. Basic safety and special fire suppression equipment?

I don't see the knowledge level difference you need operating one or the other safely other then your personal bias.
                    I do not have to explain to you why I must be careful with what information is posted on this forum.

It will always be Safety First.

So I am tired of arguing with you so I am giving you a 2 week vacation. If another Mod or the Admin feel that what I did was unfair they can return you to full membership.
                    Last edited by SunEagle; 10-29-2018, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Proof. Nothing extraordinary

https://057tech.com/solar
                      That's B.S., plain & simple.

Comment

evtv.me Those guys are using the tesla battery packs for home, he built a 100kW battery backup. I am planning to use the tesla batteries when I add storage to my system.

Here is a link to his 100kW battery build https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZLQV59n4dk&t

Comment

You still haven't provided all the info about your system. Post pictures of yours, otherwise people will call you a liar.

Comment

Originally posted by extrafu View Post

You still haven't provided all the info about your system. Post pictures of yours, otherwise people will call you a liar.
                            I don't care what the equipment looks like, and I'm not calling the OP a liar, but I'm curious to see the backup numbers/reasoning for the OP's claims. Maybe we'll see something when the OP's purgatory stint is over, but I've got my doubts.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
                              So I am tired of arguing with you so I am giving you a 2 week vacation.
                              Awww... and just when it was starting to get interesting and I was about to add him to my "YouTubers who Use Raw Tesla Packs and I'm Waiting to See Who's House Burns Down First" List. But I know, Safety First! I am clearly in the "99%" group, but it is amazing to me how many people come here with and idea that gets tweaked or shot down as dangerous but want to argue their method anyway. You Mods and Super Contributors certainly do have your work cut out for you here, and I appreciate your guidance in putting safety first (not that you need my thanks or acceptance)

285Wx9 / MNClassic 150 / CSW4024 / TrojanL16H-ACx4

Comment

You are still full of crap and now banned. I never said anything about 99%, that is all you and lies. Got anything else to lie about?

MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...
                                X