No announcement yet.

LiFePO4 reseller in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This graph shows you why you should have environmental control for LFP off grid battery packs if it makes economic sense. If you don't understand the graph you shouldn't be commenting.
    CapacityFadeTemp.jpg
    Graph comes from this research paper

Simon
    Off-Grid LFP(LiFePO4) system since April 2013

Comment

Originally posted by ncs55
      Mike,
      I got the impression that he did educate the customer and the customer did not follow the instructions and did what they wanted instead which resulted in the failure. Did you read and understand the post? I see in this forum that anything that does not fit into the self proclaimed experts box instantly gets bashed by a certain few of you in here. Why are you guys trying to drive others out of here? It seems that a few of you have the god complex. Why is it that sunking and others can belittle people and cut on them using foul language and rude comments, like your recent reply here and not get reprimanded? You are not very becoming of a moderator or how a moderator should be replying to someone who is just trying to let others know in an open forum about their experiences. What kind of forum lets this type of crap happen? Your comment of KISS basically was calling dax stupid. You are a very sad moderator.
      I agree that sometimes Sunking can be rude and offensive. The same goes for a few others including dax. I have not stepped in to Moderate either of their posts but I have come close. I will not accept anyone calling a Moderator or Admin names and will take action if it continues.

While Sunking may not be up to date with all Li chemistry batteries he has more experience on the subject then anyone else I have read about or talked to. So while he may have an opinion concerning other peoples posts about batteries you have to understand that there have been many "experts" that come here and beat their chests with all types of boasts about what they have done only to be found out to be liars and frauds.

So if you and dax have hands on experience concerning a Li chemistry battery that has not been used a lot in the US then I would be happy to read about what they can do and how much better they may be. But until I see more proof on the technology than what comes from a single person boasting about what they can do and others can't, IMO it is just Hot air.
      Last edited by SunEagle; 05-07-2016, 10:49 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Mike,
        I got the impression that he did educate the customer and the customer did not follow the instructions and did what they wanted instead which resulted in the failure. Did you read and understand the post? I see in this forum that anything that does not fit into the self proclaimed experts box instantly gets bashed by a certain few of you in here. Why are you guys trying to drive others out of here? It seems that a few of you have the god complex. Why is it that sunking and others can belittle people and cut on them using foul language and rude comments, like your recent reply here and not get reprimanded? You are not very becoming of a moderator or how a moderator should be replying to someone who is just trying to let others know in an open forum about their experiences. What kind of forum lets this type of crap happen? Your comment of KISS basically was calling dax stupid. You are a very sad moderator.
        Welcome to the forum of few(er) illusions. I'd respectfully suggest you consider a skin changeout to something more robust along with ignoring who/what you want, and continuing your otherwise cogent and respectful postings.

Rude behavior is like beauty and in the eye of the beholder. This is, among other things, a place to exchange information and express opinions. Some folks posting here put what they view as direct, unequivocal communication over politically correctness and enabling behavior.

Some welcome the candor, and consider it respectful for it's directness. I believe intentional rudeness has naught to do with it, at least most of the time. Such few times when frustration or short temperedness may be present is when the thicker skin comes in handy.

Take what you want of the above. Scrap the rest.

Comment

• ncs55
          ncs55 commented
          Editing a comment
          Point well taken and thank you for your advise. However I will not tolerate rudeness. There is no reason for it, and it takes away from the learning process. On the other hand directness is welcome.

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
        ..... what comes from a single person boasting about what they can do and others can't, IMO it is just Hot air.
        I'll add "magic-cant-divulge-the-brand" batteries and black magic "Trust Me" BMS as being hot air heaters too.

Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
        || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
        || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
        gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

I see, so if someone calls a moderator names then action will be taken but when a moderator calls someone names repeatedly and flames them, nothing is done? That is a double standard my friend. I admittedly know nothing about the subject of Lifepo4 technology, if you read my reply you will see that, and I and just want to learn more about it. As someone new here, I joined to be able to gain knowledge of subjects that I am not familiar with and to share my experiences. I understand what you are saying about people and their claims as I have reviewed previous posts in here. The issue that I have here is that if a moderator is going to make a comment in an open and public forum then it should be done in a more open and professional manner. A forum moderator is a person who is supposed to keep the forum open and even for intelligent discussion and keep the members in line with the forum rules. IMO a moderator should not be judging others posts and replies and calling names or putting the members down.
          I actually did not see any rude comments made by Mike to you unless it is in reference the KISS comment. That isn't being rude it is an acronym used by many people and is in no way abusive to anyone unless they have a thin skin.
          Last edited by SunEagle; 05-08-2016, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ncs55 View Post
            Point well taken and thank you for your advise. However I will not tolerate rudeness. There is no reason for it, and it takes away from the learning process. On the other hand directness is welcome.
            You're welcome. As for rudeness, that may be a matter of opinion, which are like noses - everyone has one, most of them smell at least some of the time, and some are downright ugly.

Not everyone who tells you things you don't like is your enemy any more than folks who tell you what you want to hear are necessarily your friends.

Comment

There are indeed several people on the forum that delight in rudeness under cover of "straight talk", but get away with it because they are otherwise very helpful and knowledgeable. The forum would be poorer without them, so the rude behavior is tolerated. Simply ignoring it (while flagging anything really out of line) is probably the best option.

Comment

Back to this main topic of this thread... Do any of you guys know any stores in the USA (Canada is virtually impossible) where Winston 90Ah cells are available? I might have a very good deal for a temporary bank.

Comment

Originally posted by dax View Post
                  One last thing, if you are going to use a lifepo4 pack in off grid, never bottom balance, or you will stuff at least one cell line. We've found over many years of experimentation, the best balancing system is your load and if you install the system at 3.2v balanced, it never needs balancing again.
                  Complete hogwash. You can Balance at the Top or Bottom, but not in the MIDDLE unless your cells are within 1% capacity tolerance.

Do you know where Bottom Balance comes from? It comes from Aerospace Engineering.
                  Last edited by Sunking; 05-21-2016, 08:36 PM.
                  MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by extrafu View Post
                    Back to this main topic of this thread... Do any of you guys know any stores in the USA (Canada is virtually impossible) where Winston 90Ah cells are available? I might have a very good deal for a temporary bank.
                    In the USA they had to change thier name to Voltronix because or poor quality, mostly Euro and Aussie trash use them under the Winston name. They have a poor track record. Basically failed Thundersky in a new box. The best of the Chi-Coms is CALB.
                    MSEE, PE

Comment

Hi extrafu. I'm in Alberta and will be looking to purchase some LiFePO4 for my off grid system in the near future. Wondering what success you had in sourcing in Canada?
                      Thanks
                      Ken

Mod note: Hi Ken, it might take a day or two for the admins to approve you for posting, but I've approved this one in the meantime to see if you get a response. Welcome to the forum. --Steve
                      Last edited by sdold; 06-25-2018, 01:38 PM.

Comment

workinstiff I finally decided to get Rolls Surette batteries, and not LiFePO4. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                        X