Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sunking
    Solar Fanatic
    • Feb 2010

I can tell you exactly what you are doing wrong. You cannot use solar to EQ, it has to be either commercial AC power or a generator with a good battery charger. Solar is not capable of fully charging batteries let alone EQ. That is why an off-grid system must have a generator. Generator is used once a week to top off batteries, and EQ as needed. It takes up to 24 to 36 hours to EQ a battery with uninterrupted charging.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

• Hotrod
      • May 2019

"I can tell you exactly what you are doing wrong. You cannot use solar to EQ, it has to be either commercial AC power or a generator with a good battery charger."

Then you'd be exactly wrong. I use the grid to EQ. I also used the grid to run a 3 hour absorption before I started the EQ. But thanks for the input. Everything is appreciated.
      Last edited by Hotrod; 06-26-2019, 07:04 AM.
      Too much stuff for 50 characters

Comment

• Hotrod
        • May 2019

Yesterday's cycle. Off grid. Screenshot 2019-06-26 at 9.12.51 AM.png

Comment

• Mike90250
          • May 2009

"I can tell you exactly what you are doing wrong. You cannot use solar to EQ, it has to be either commercial AC power or a generator with a good battery charger."

Originally posted by Hotrod
          Then you'd be exactly wrong. I use the grid to EQ. I also used the grid to run a 3 hour absorption before I started the EQ. But thanks for the input. Everything is appreciated.

Commercial AC power is also known as The Grid.
          Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
          || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
          || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
          gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• Sunking
            Solar Fanatic
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Hotrod
            "Then you'd be exactly wrong. I use the grid to EQ. I also used the grid to run a 3 hour absorption before I started the EQ.
            No I was exactly right, AC power is the grid.

MSEE, PE

Comment

• Hotrod
              • May 2019

"I can tell you exactly what you are doing wrong. You cannot use solar to EQ," sounded to me like you made the assumption that I had EQed the battery off grid using solar alone, so I responded to that effect. My belief that you made an assumption is further reinforced by your explanation of generators and grid power as stable sources to conduct an EQ.
              Last edited by Hotrod; 06-26-2019, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Working...