No announcement yet.

Lead Crystal batteries.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lordy here again well here we are again my iveco50c18 at idle puts out 42 amps at idle the alternater supercheap spins very freely it is 60 to 140 amps I plan to run it with the 90amp battery I pulled out of the bank pushed by730w of solar but iam just a mug I dont know if it would work does any one know because it would be nice and quite

Comment

Originally posted by lordy View Post
      Lordy here again well here we are again my iveco50c18 at idle puts out 42 amps at idle the alternater supercheap spins very freely it is 60 to 140 amps I plan to run it with the 90amp battery I pulled out of the bank pushed by730w of solar but iam just a mug I dont know if it would work does any one know because it would be nice and quite
      If you could use some punctuation it would make it easier to understand.

No, your plan will not work.

A car alternator will spin freely with no load, once it has to generate it will not spin freely. As an example if you were to run 60amp alternator from a petrol engine you would require a 5hp engine ( rough figures)

Run your car at idle and turn all the lights on, you will here the engine load up slightly, that it the HP required to drive the alternator under load.

If you have enough sun for the panels to provide 750w why would you not just use them to directly charge the batteries?

Your plan is to use panels to charge a battery to run a motor to drive an alternator to charge other batteries.

You could do it ( Sort of!!), but you would be just wasting a whole heap of energy.

Comment

Working...
      X