Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saline battery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Sundetective View Post
    www.windstax.com

    has thrown the magic wand to Aquion Energy now.

    I'm Looking for Sunking to also make dem 'his man'
    one of these days.

    Bill Blake
    Why would I want a Wind Turd for?
    MSEE, PE

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Amy@altE View Post
      Here's the article about WindStax and Aquion partnering up. Makes sense, they are both in Pittsburg.
      Great match two blowhards blowing SMOKE.
      MSEE, PE

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Sundetective View Post
        of 'Salt' batteries later this year (they claim).

        Wonder how 'TopCat' in Hawaii is doing with his 9 bedroom
        Aquion Energy
        Battery experiment.
        Endless supply of electrolyte. All you need is a bucket and short walk to the beach.
        MSEE, PE

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Sunking View Post
          Endless supply of electrolyte. All you need is a bucket and short walk to the beach.
          Too much volcanic rock in that water.

          Comment


          • #20
            Aquion Energy, AHI Batteries

            Originally posted by Sunking View Post
            Endless supply of electrolyte. All you need is a bucket and short walk to the beach.
            One of the technicians on Maui in Hawaii told me they had a little bit
            of experience with the Aquion Energy (it no Lie) AHI Batteries.
            They are at:

            www.haleakalasolar.com

            The man claims that the salt batteries are sealed and never need
            anything other than Sunking stopping from peeing on dem

            I have not verified this yet. Will continue to Look-see into them a tad
            from time to time but it is not a priority.

            There seems to be some serious plus signs however there also seems
            to be a little dark side that has not been touched on much - if any.

            Wonder who could handle The Dark Side ?
            Which side is stronger ?

            Bill Blake

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by pamalot View Post
              I was listening into a conversation at the weekend where the guy was talking about some new saline battery solution that is set to revolutionize the solar industry as an energy storage device. Many times better than all present battery technology. I felt I didn't know enough about battery storage solutions to join in the conversation, but does anyone know what the hell he was talking about?? or had he been smoking something? or is there indeed some wonder solution just around the corner. Is this a fuel cell? He said it's also being used in a new supercar. Anyone point me in the right direction to read up on this technology?
              Just spreading BS - fartherest thing possible from a fuel cell.
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by russ View Post
                Just spreading BS - fartherest thing possible from a fuel cell.
                I found the car the guy was talking about:

                http://www.nanoflowcell.com/

                Seems they call it a 'flow cell'?? whatever that is. Sounds like a conventional fuel cell to me. It needs to be fed a charged electrolyte, so that makes it a fuel cell. Right? so it's not a battery in the conventional sense. Am I right? still seems a little futuristic to me. Although I like the car

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by pamalot View Post
                  I found the car the guy was talking about:

                  http://www.nanoflowcell.com/

                  Seems they call it a 'flow cell'?? whatever that is. Sounds like a conventional fuel cell to me. It needs to be fed a charged electrolyte, so that makes it a fuel cell. Right? so it's not a battery in the conventional sense. Am I right? still seems a little futuristic to me. Although I like the car
                  A big differentiator between a fuel cell and a battery, flow or otherwise, is that a fuel cell takes as input a substance (fuel) and an oxidizer (usually air) and combines the two to produce a chemical product and extra energy. The fuel cell operating paradigm is that you add fuel and discard the waste product in some appropriate way.
                  In a rechargeable flow cell, the input chemical (I would not call it "charged electrolyte" necessarily) is one which can be produced by operating the battery in reverse (recharging it) rather than having to be replaced from an external supply.

                  Now a non-rechargeable flow cell with replaceable chemicals is much harder to distinguish from a fuel cell.
                  I do not know of any fuel cell technologies that are reversible in place within the cell.
                  SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by pamalot View Post
                    I found the car the guy was talking about:

                    http://www.nanoflowcell.com/

                    Seems they call it a 'flow cell'?? whatever that is. Sounds like a conventional fuel cell to me. It needs to be fed a charged electrolyte, so that makes it a fuel cell. Right? so it's not a battery in the conventional sense. Am I right? still seems a little futuristic to me. Although I like the car
                    It is a flow battery or flow-cell battery, which you can Google.

                    One article out there on qz dot com suggests the car in question would cost $1.7 million today. That article also says that flow-cell has the potential to be a fraction the cost of Li-ion, which leaves the reader wondering the principle reasons for the estimated $1.7m price tag.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Living Large View Post
                      It is a flow battery or flow-cell battery, which you can Google.

                      One article out there on qz dot com suggests the car in question would cost $1.7 million today. That article also says that flow-cell has the potential to be a fraction the cost of Li-ion, which leaves the reader wondering the principle reasons for the estimated $1.7m price tag.
                      Those cars will cost that much in the beginning because they need to recoup all that R&D they spent to get a working proto-type on the road.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X