Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lacosteiq
    replied
    Dear friends

What is the battery type that can live for longer time because i will use the battery bank for 12hour every day that mean 6 time charge every day????

Originally posted by paulcheung
    But his cycles is shadow cycles if he using the Rolls 5000 series battery. 100 amps for two hours each cycle is less than 15% DOD. According to Rolls discharge chart curve he should get over 5500 close to 6000 cycles. that is over 13 years life and if he use 6 cycle each day he will get about three years.

Or he can get some panels and charge controller, go semi off grid, he can save some day time cycles to prolong the battery life.

Leave a comment:

• paulcheung
    replied
    Originally posted by inetdog
    The other alternative would be to use AGM batteries, which can accept charge at a higher rate and also better deliver power at a higher rate. That might allow you to use a significantly smaller battery bank, planning on replacing it more often though.

The problem with your demand picture is that the lifetime of a lead acid battery is measured in charge/discharge cycles, with numbers ranging from as low as 300 for GEL to as high as 3000 for some FLA.
    If you only need to keep the power on continuously for 10 hours each day that would still be three cycles on the battery each day and you would have a battery life of at most two years.
    If you need to run with battery support 24 hours per day, that would be six cycles and you would replace your battery in not much more than one year.
    But his cycles is shadow cycles if he using the Rolls 5000 series battery. 100 amps for two hours each cycle is less than 15% DOD. According to Rolls discharge chart curve he should get over 5500 close to 6000 cycles. that is over 13 years life and if he use 6 cycle each day he will get about three years.

Or he can get some panels and charge controller, go semi off grid, he can save some day time cycles to prolong the battery life.

Leave a comment:

• inetdog
    replied
    The other alternative would be to use AGM batteries, which can accept charge at a higher rate and also better deliver power at a higher rate. That might allow you to use a significantly smaller battery bank, planning on replacing it more often though.

The problem with your demand picture is that the lifetime of a lead acid battery is measured in charge/discharge cycles, with numbers ranging from as low as 300 for GEL to as high as 3000 for some FLA.
    If you only need to keep the power on continuously for 10 hours each day that would still be three cycles on the battery each day and you would have a battery life of at most two years.
    If you need to run with battery support 24 hours per day, that would be six cycles and you would replace your battery in not much more than one year.

Leave a comment:

• Lacosteiq
    replied
    Dear friend

Thank a lot for your help so if i use 6v large capacity Ah the inverter can charge them in 2 hour the is great solution thanks .

Originally posted by paulcheung
    You need to sell or give away those gel batteries and get 8 of those 25 plates Rolls 6 volts 820 amp hours battery or the Trojan Industrial line 900 amps hours 6 volts batteries and wired in series total 48 volts, So the inverter will be able to charge back the batteries in two hour time. If the inverter has a built in charger. if not you need to get a large 48 volts at least 60 amps charger.

Leave a comment:

• paulcheung
    replied
    You need to sell or give away those gel batteries and get 8 of those 25 plates Rolls 6 volts 820 amp hours battery or the Trojan Industrial line 900 amps hours 6 volts batteries and wired in series total 48 volts, So the inverter will be able to charge back the batteries in two hour time. If the inverter has a built in charger. if not you need to get a large 48 volts at least 60 amps charger.

Leave a comment:

• Problem only the professional people in this forum can fix it please help

Hi prof

My problem is our city electricity is program for 2 hour on and 2 hour off i buy 6000w inverter with 4/pc
    12v 250ah gel battery my load is 2500w when its work my load take 450amp from the battery bank when electricity back the charger current is 25amp its charge only 200amp in two hour my load is bigger than my charge time how can i solve this problem i need professional help

Regards
Working...