Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem only the professional people in this forum can fix it please help

Hi prof

My problem is our city electricity is program for 2 hour on and 2 hour off i buy 6000w inverter with 4/pc
    12v 250ah gel battery my load is 2500w when its work my load take 450amp from the battery bank when electricity back the charger current is 25amp its charge only 200amp in two hour my load is bigger than my charge time how can i solve this problem i need professional help

Regards

You need to sell or give away those gel batteries and get 8 of those 25 plates Rolls 6 volts 820 amp hours battery or the Trojan Industrial line 900 amps hours 6 volts batteries and wired in series total 48 volts, So the inverter will be able to charge back the batteries in two hour time. If the inverter has a built in charger. if not you need to get a large 48 volts at least 60 amps charger.

Comment

Dear friend

Thank a lot for your help so if i use 6v large capacity Ah the inverter can charge them in 2 hour the is great solution thanks .

Originally posted by paulcheung View Post
      You need to sell or give away those gel batteries and get 8 of those 25 plates Rolls 6 volts 820 amp hours battery or the Trojan Industrial line 900 amps hours 6 volts batteries and wired in series total 48 volts, So the inverter will be able to charge back the batteries in two hour time. If the inverter has a built in charger. if not you need to get a large 48 volts at least 60 amps charger.

Comment

The other alternative would be to use AGM batteries, which can accept charge at a higher rate and also better deliver power at a higher rate. That might allow you to use a significantly smaller battery bank, planning on replacing it more often though.

The problem with your demand picture is that the lifetime of a lead acid battery is measured in charge/discharge cycles, with numbers ranging from as low as 300 for GEL to as high as 3000 for some FLA.
        If you only need to keep the power on continuously for 10 hours each day that would still be three cycles on the battery each day and you would have a battery life of at most two years.
        If you need to run with battery support 24 hours per day, that would be six cycles and you would replace your battery in not much more than one year.
        SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Originally posted by inetdog View Post
          The other alternative would be to use AGM batteries, which can accept charge at a higher rate and also better deliver power at a higher rate. That might allow you to use a significantly smaller battery bank, planning on replacing it more often though.

The problem with your demand picture is that the lifetime of a lead acid battery is measured in charge/discharge cycles, with numbers ranging from as low as 300 for GEL to as high as 3000 for some FLA.
          If you only need to keep the power on continuously for 10 hours each day that would still be three cycles on the battery each day and you would have a battery life of at most two years.
          If you need to run with battery support 24 hours per day, that would be six cycles and you would replace your battery in not much more than one year.
          But his cycles is shadow cycles if he using the Rolls 5000 series battery. 100 amps for two hours each cycle is less than 15% DOD. According to Rolls discharge chart curve he should get over 5500 close to 6000 cycles. that is over 13 years life and if he use 6 cycle each day he will get about three years.

Or he can get some panels and charge controller, go semi off grid, he can save some day time cycles to prolong the battery life.

Comment

Dear friends

What is the battery type that can live for longer time because i will use the battery bank for 12hour every day that mean 6 time charge every day????

But his cycles is shadow cycles if he using the Rolls 5000 series battery. 100 amps for two hours each cycle is less than 15% DOD. According to Rolls discharge chart curve he should get over 5500 close to 6000 cycles. that is over 13 years life and if he use 6 cycle each day he will get about three years.

Or he can get some panels and charge controller, go semi off grid, he can save some day time cycles to prolong the battery life.

Comment

The Rolls 6CS25P is good and Trojan IND17-6V also good.
              THe FLA batteries still best value for station RE applications.

Comment

Thank you my friend i will do that

The Rolls 6CS25P is good and Trojan IND17-6V also good.
                THe FLA batteries still best value for station RE applications.

Comment

Originally posted by Lacosteiq View Post
                  Thank you my friend i will do that

Dear friend

If use 8/pc 6v 380AH to the inverter can 60amp charger charge them in two hour every calculator online i check told me it take 12-14 hour for full charge i need your experience to explain that for me .

Comment

I don't know where you go find the calculations, I believe if it take more than 10 hours which should mean from total discharged battery to 100% SOC. that would take a long time.

Remember you only discharge your battery bank to less than 30% DOD. that is a little over 100 AHS, to charge the battery bank to 100% SOC it take some time as the last 15% absorbing charge take time. it usually take 2 to 4 hours for the 380AHS battery when battery in good condition.

In your case, the battery only discharge in the 12 hours period on 24 hours. you discharge 2 hours and charge 2 hours, you put back the amount you take out, the good thing is that the other 12 hours the batteries are not being discharged. you can take time and use that 3 two hour period to charge the battery to a 100% SOC. Because you are fully charge the batteries to 100% SOC each day, you are not likely develop sulfation in these batteries. Just remember if you use the 380 amp hours batteries, they are not the long lasting batteries like the 820 or 925 amp hours batteries, their plate are much thinner so they don't last as long like the thick plate bigger brothers.

Comment

My friend thank you for this information i will built the system with 8/pc 6v 420AH

Regards

I don't know where you go find the calculations, I believe if it take more than 10 hours which should mean from total discharged battery to 100% SOC. that would take a long time.

Remember you only discharge your battery bank to less than 30% DOD. that is a little over 100 AHS, to charge the battery bank to 100% SOC it take some time as the last 15% absorbing charge take time. it usually take 2 to 4 hours for the 380AHS battery when battery in good condition.

In your case, the battery only discharge in the 12 hours period on 24 hours. you discharge 2 hours and charge 2 hours, you put back the amount you take out, the good thing is that the other 12 hours the batteries are not being discharged. you can take time and use that 3 two hour period to charge the battery to a 100% SOC. Because you are fully charge the batteries to 100% SOC each day, you are not likely develop sulfation in these batteries. Just remember if you use the 380 amp hours batteries, they are not the long lasting batteries like the 820 or 925 amp hours batteries, their plate are much thinner so they don't last as long like the thick plate bigger brothers.

Comment

My friend

What you think if i use 24/pc 2v 250AH for the battery bank i respect your reply and your advice sir .

Comment

To discharge 50 amps in one hour on 250AH batteries, that is 5C discharge rate, it will be too much for the small capacity battery, it won't work, even on the 425 amps batteries you are pushing it. because Peukert's law will make the batteries has much less capacity. Please read this sticky.

http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showth...teries-and-You

Comment

My friend

I know you will be boring because i ask too much but our battery option in my country is very very very low i can not find the battery type trojan you advice me now i have four option on my market and my money budget please advice me to chose one and i will take your advice

1- 8/pc 12v 250AH AGM type
                            2- 16/pc 6v 225AH
                            3- 8/pc 6v 380Ah
                            4- 24/pc 2v 3000Ah

As you told me i must consider the hour rate on battery ampere size
                            Just as explain about battery bank capacity i need to know something i was thinking of last night

12v 250ah*8 parallel type = 48v 500AH total ampere in battery bank is 2000ah
                            6v 250ah *16 parallel type=48v 500Ah total ampere in battery bank is 4000ah

what is the use of large battery bank if the hour rate is the same in both type and my load is 62 ampere this is i do not find any answer on the internet until now i hope you can explain to me

I am so sorry for this question but i have no experience and i do not find any other person help me to understand so i need your help

To discharge 50 amps in one hour on 250AH batteries, that is 5C discharge rate, it will be too much for the small capacity battery, it won't work, even on the 425 amps batteries you are pushing it. because Peukert's law will make the batteries has much less capacity. Please read this sticky.

http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showth...teries-and-You

Comment

We are here to learn, so don't worry about too many questions. ask as much as you want just make sure don't make up your mind yet and feel upset when the answer is not what you want to hear.

Back to your situation, you can use the 12 volts 250 amps AGM batteries to make the bank. you will have 48 volts 500 AHS. that will be sufficient for your load of 62 amps. just remember the AGM batteries don't have the thick plates like the larger FLA batteries, so they won't last as long and they cost much more than the regular FLA batteries for the same capacity. Two strings of batteries in parallel is not optimal, but it is workable as you don't have many choices. if the price on 16 of the 380 amps 6 volt battery comparable to the 8 pieces 12 volts 250 amps AGM, you should go with the 16 piece 6 volts 380 amps wired 2 strings as it will last longer in your situation.

I hope this will help.

Comment

Working...
                              X