Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Old_Man
    • Feb 2018

Originally posted by ewarnerusa
    I don't want to clog up your thread with my stuff, but I wanted to check in as requested. I installed my new HQST 190 watt panel this weekend. I used the Z brackets from HQST as well and made sure to hit a roof truss where I could. Applied Dicor sealant liberally. Due to sun angle I couldn't confirm that it delivered the rated max current, but I measured over 6 amps with a morning low sun angle. Travel trailer is parked at home and I was running a 300 watt load on the inverter to ensure that there was demand for full solar output. I'm pleased so far. Next step is to tidy up the cables on the roof with some split wire loom.
    Please feel free to clog it up as much as you want. More info is good, less info is bad. Eventually we CAN compare notes. I look forward to that.
    Last edited by Old_Man; 03-23-2023, 06:33 PM.

Comment

• Old_Man
      • Feb 2018

Yippee!!! My battery is in and i have cables ordered for charger to battery. Bizarre, the place I found the cables was HOME DEPOT!!! Made by Grape Solar, but no one else had 10AWG with bare wire on one end and ring terminals on the other, and because I'm old and this will be my ONLY solar experience, I don't intend to spend $150 for a crimping tool when I can get cables for $20.

Once I get my cables, I'll set everythiung up. Looking for a plywood scrap to make a mounting board for the electronics.

Comment

• ewarnerusa
        Solar Fanatic
        • Apr 2016

Have you had your system out in the wild yet?
        We finally got a camp trip in, 4 nights out on beautiful Hope Creek. Solar worked terrific, furnace every night as temps dipped low every night. 12V fan running all day to circulate air. Not much for inverted a/c use except recharging some lithium hand tool batteries. Typical gadget battery recharging as well.
        I'm an RV camper with 470 watts of solar

Comment

Working...