Camper Shell Solar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old_Man View Post

You seem confrontational. It's unnecessary and honestly, counterproductive. But I have news you'll like - I have decided on two things - Ground mounted instead of roof. Also, I found a 12v 50AH battery I can afford. For the 100AH, I'll need donations.

71ZCJS0KCML._AC_SS450_.jpg
    I am confrontational when it comes to trying to save people money or informing someone that what they are doing is unsafe.

For you I did not want you to build a system that was too small and I may come across as being rude but sometimes it takes being rude to wake people up when they think they are doing great but are not.

I hope that 50Ah battery will work for you and I am glad you are building a system that will provide what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post

I am confrontational when it comes to trying to save people money or informing someone that what they are doing is unsafe.

For you I did not want you to build a system that was too small and I may come across as being rude but sometimes it takes being rude to wake people up when they think they are doing great but are not.

I hope that 50Ah battery will work for you and I am glad you are building a system that will provide what you want.
      I have discovered that unlike Battle Born, which uses the little 18650 cells, this battery uses prismatic cells, which I like much more.

Comment

No, you seem to get off on bullying people into your POV. Back the F off, man, you're not making any friends.

Comment

No, you seem to get off on bullying people into your POV. Back the F off, man, you're not making any friends.
          I am not here to make friends but to help those that buy something before they know why. If what I am saying bothers you then sorry that is who I am.

Comment

Look, I can't tell you what to do, you're the moderator, I'm not, but...I'm not afraid to push back, as you've read. So, please, BTFO, ok?

Comment

Look, I can't tell you what to do, you're the moderator, I'm not, but...I'm not afraid to push back, as you've read. So, please, BTFO, ok?
              Please calm down. I am trying to help people here. If you don't like my comments then don't read them.

Comment

Got screwed by Amazon on a Dokio panel so: closed Amazon account (after 24 years~!!!) 100W panel, hope it'll charge the 50AH...HQST 100W nearby!!

Comment

Got screwed by Amazon on a Dokio panel so: closed Amazon account (after 24 years~!!!) 100W panel, hope it'll charge the 50AH...HQST 100W nearby!!
                  If that 100w panel has an current output of about 5 amps then it should be able to charge a 50Ah battery

Comment

If that 100w panel has an current output of about 5 amps then it should be able to charge a 50Ah battery
                    It'll do that!

Comment

It'll do that!
                      Great. Let us know how it all works out for you.

Comment

I just ordered a panel from HQST myself as part of my own upgrade project. We'll have to compare notes on how the purchase went and how they perform.
                        I'm an RV camper with 470 watts of solar

Comment

Originally posted by ewarnerusa View Post

I just ordered a panel from HQST myself as part of my own upgrade project. We'll have to compare notes on how the purchase went and how they perform.
                          Yes, lets. I'll get mine sometime this evening, and leave it in the shipping box until it's ready for deployment.

But this buy (from EBAY) has gone swimmingly. Out for delivery - today, by 1900. Buying HQST (after the Dokio fiasco) has been joyful. With a little luck and work from me, it'll be ready for my summer fishing trip, starting around memorial day and i expect to be out on the fishing trail in NW Nevada by early june. Anyone wanna go?

Edit: the panel is here.
                          Last edited by Old_Man; 02-21-2023, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Great. Let us know how it all works out for you.
                            Sure will!!!

Comment

Opened the panel's carry box (a POS box, will upgrade to a fabric carry case), cardboard will be destroyed after the first trip, so no cardboard boxes. Panel arrived intact, no damage. Had to wait until everyone else (partner and three cats) went to bed and I kept the place dark but I was able to determine, no damage.

Won't open the box again until the case arrives. Still waiting on a battery.
                              Last edited by Old_Man; 03-23-2023, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Originally posted by [B
                                ewarnerusa[/B] View Post
                                Yes, lets. I'll get mine sometime this evening, and leave it in the shipping box until it's ready for deployment....
                                I don't want to clog up your thread with my stuff, but I wanted to check in as requested. I installed my new HQST 190 watt panel this weekend. I used the Z brackets from HQST as well and made sure to hit a roof truss where I could. Applied Dicor sealant liberally. Due to sun angle I couldn't confirm that it delivered the rated max current, but I measured over 6 amps with a morning low sun angle. Travel trailer is parked at home and I was running a 300 watt load on the inverter to ensure that there was demand for full solar output. I'm pleased so far. Next step is to tidy up the cables on the roof with some split wire loom.
                                I'm an RV camper with 470 watts of solar

Comment

Working...
                                X