Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MambaJack
    • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Wrybread
    That's just internet forum logic, especially around here. In real life people with modern rv solar systems tend to love it, and if they don't like something about it they're glad to say so, and/or fix it. No "sugar coating" required.
    I have been on this forum for quite a while now trying to gain knowledge on putting a system on my conversion, and at no point felt like it was frowned on. JUst some honest opinions and facts about the true cost, complexity, risk, reward. What I have learned here has been super valuable and rewarding. I dont get the bitter attitude toward the forum.

I think most rvers struggle with solar fulfilling there needs, mainly due to the want for airconditioning

Comment

• littleharbor
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jan 2016

Successful solar on an RV, I think, requires a DIY spirit, hands on maintenance approach and a full understanding of its capabilities and limitations. I would think a bought and installed system from a dealership or Larry with a Ladder has a very slim chance of meeting the buyers needs and would be destined for a short life followed by a poor attitude about solar..
      2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

• Mike90250
        • May 2009

Originally posted by littleharbor
        Successful solar on an RV, I think, requires a DIY spirit, hands on maintenance approach and a full understanding of its capabilities and limitations. I would think a bought and installed system from a dealership or Larry with a Ladder has a very slim chance of meeting the buyers needs and would be destined for a short life followed by a poor attitude about solar..
        And that's EXACTLY what I'm wanting to not have happen here. I see this as a forum of "realistic expectations" advising folks how to engineer a system that will work for them. I want this forum to have real answers to questions, and not be greenwashing, pie in sky, join the solar revolution comrade. I want people to be as happy with their solar as I am with mine, knowing that there are limits.
        Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
        || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
        || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
        gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Working...