Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

configure Morningstar mppt 45 controller - 24 volt panels to 12 volt battery bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• configure Morningstar mppt 45 controller - 24 volt panels to 12 volt battery bank

I have 2 Grape Solar 12 volt panels wired in series to a Morningstar mppt controller. I have a 12 volt battery bank. How do I configure the controller?

What is the Voc spec for the Controller you have ? Morningstar has many MPPT controllers varying from 50-600V input limit
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

It's a Tristar TS-MPPT-45.

Comment

150v.

Comment

Easy wire the panels in series. Just be sure to connect the battery to the controller first before panels as that will set the controller for 12 volts.
          MSEE, PE

Comment

The ts mppt45 controller has an auto system voltage setting, OR, manual voltage settings(see page 20). You really need to set up the controller correctly before connecting it. There are a number of settings for various charging voltage setpoints, battery types, etc. Here's the manual,
            http://africanenergy.com/new/wp-cont...ish-manual.pdf
            2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Originally posted by littleharbor View Post
              The ts mppt45 controller has an auto system voltage setting, OR, manual voltage settings(see page 20). You really need to set up the controller correctly before connecting it. There are a number of settings for various charging voltage setpoints, battery types, etc. Here's the manual,
              http://africanenergy.com/new/wp-cont...ish-manual.pdf
              Why would anyone read the manual or directions? That would just confuse them.
              MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post

You're assuming they know how to read.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post

As a last resort.

Comment

Originally posted by littleharbor View Post

As a last resort.
                    Yea, that's like admitting defeat. Sort of like asking for directions from a stranger when you're lost. How humiliating.

An alternate: have a women read the manual and spoon feed the answer to the problem - they seem to do better at such tasks than most men. SWMBO helps me like that all the time.

Comment

[QUOTE=J.P.M.;n380507]

Yea, that's like admitting defeat. Sort of like asking for directions from a stranger when you're lost. How humiliating.

GPS has largely eliminated the, lost and need directions problem, as long as you know how to operate your GPS. I have a few myself. Magellan seems pretty straightforward. I have a Tom Tom for Baja. It is not as user friendly.

Comment

Working...
                      X