Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UrbanElite
    • May 2017

UPDATE:

Hey guys the build is really looking good! I'm going to post pictures soon if what we have done and how well it has turned out. Yesterday we built a mounting system out of 1" square tubing to mount the 2x 320 watt solar panels too, then 4 of us lifted the whole thing bolted together as one piece onto the roof and fastened it down with bolts throw the ribbing of the trailer. I have a quick question that I have been going back on fourth in my head with while at work.

I bought a really nice 12v switch panel that comes with rockers switches pre wired in as well as a volt meter, 12v lighter and 2 USB ports. Now on the back with it all being pre wired all the 12v power sources are wired together to one wire, all the grounds and then 2 others which I'm guessing is power for the switch lighting. Now can I take the 3 powers and 1 ground put them on 1 of my circuits off my fuse panel?

Then for something like a light. Could I just bring my positive wire to the switch to a blade connector and slice 2 wires off of it so when I plug that connector into the switch I have a wire going from the light and then another wire going back to the fuse on its separate circuit?

im sure this is confusing to read but hopefully you can understand. Let me know thanks!

Comment

• AzRoute66
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jul 2017

Am I the only one for which many of the photos are not working? If so, how do I fix that? If not, do the board operators have any plans to fix it?

Comment

• sensij
        Solar Fanatic
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by AzRoute66
        Am I the only one for which many of the photos are not working? If so, how do I fix that? If not, do the board operators have any plans to fix it?
        Many of Sunking's photos are/were stored on photobucket, and he's had some problems with the library. Personally, I usually save screenshots of photos or images (to keep the file size small), and upload them to the forum server so that long term hosting is not at risk (as long as the forum is intact). I'm not so sure the server admins love that, though.
        CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

• SunEagle
          Super Moderator
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by sensij

Many of Sunking's photos are/were stored on photobucket, and he's had some problems with the library. Personally, I usually save screenshots of photos or images (to keep the file size small), and upload them to the forum server so that long term hosting is not at risk (as long as the forum is intact). I'm not so sure the server admins love that, though.
          Don't worry we only charge a nickel a picture for storage.

Comment

• Sunking
            Solar Fanatic
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by sensij

Do not think that would work.

MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...