No announcement yet.

Advice on RV Set up & Wiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just to wrap this up, I ran the grounds back to a dist block them grounded that back to the batteries, closed the loops on the chasis grounded 15w Trickle charge solar panel and grounded that back to it's battery, programed the inverter to kick on based on fridge load demand so it's only inverting/ drawing when called on by the fridge.

System's been working great for over a year.

Fridge uses about 8% to 10% of total AH from sun down to sun up, of course days are shorter in winter but load required to cool fridge is less also since it's colder. Most days batteries are full by 10am from overnight drain.

Best thing I did was install the switch rated breakers, which allows me to completely shut off the system when not in use.. Makes things super simple and I don't when worry about the Chinese PV converter failing because it has to dump load all day long when not in use.

Last edited by Carv; 01-30-2019, 12:57 AM.

Comment

• Good job carv!! Solarpaneltalk is both educational and enertaining. How often does your 520 panel watts actually make 30 amps of charge power?

Comment

• Not sure; one I don't sit around and watch on my app to see what it's charging at, i just can see that it's chargingc Two, the CC will only make that kind of power when the batteries are low.... But if the batteries are to low the CC will cut off and not send any change so it's a narrow range.

Next time the batteries are low and it's sunny out I'll check it and see what kind of amps there doing keep in mind the panels are flat mounted too.

Comment

Working...
        X