Where can I get solar panel frames for mounting solar cells?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elect41
    • Feb 2010

I love solar as a hobbie.

I am a solar enthusiast,

I ask question only to educate myself and others,youre are not obligated to link to my page and be all negative about it.Keep posting positives stuff and help as many people
    you can,thats what this forum is all about.Besides not everyone is perfect.

Thank you.

Comment

• Sunking
      Solar Fanatic
      • Feb 2010

Well the forum is not obligated to allow you to link to whatever you want or allow you to say what you want . It is a private organization that can do pretty much whatever it wants rather you like it or not.
      MSEE, PE

Comment

• elect41
        • Feb 2010

Click if its youre decision

Its you're choice,

Either you want or not use diy solar panel on your roof,here in puerto rico you're not allow to,we have the same codes and regulation for gridtie systems.And i also think the same way o my signature,youre not obligated to click it.Lets be competitive and proffesionals its all about educating others,AND THATS THE PURPOSE OF THIS FORUM.

Comment

• russ
          Solar Fanatic
          • Jul 2009

Educating others - not just trying to get free advertising for your site.

The questions/points typically posted I did not consider useful to anyone - for example, 'Very interested in building Diy solar panels.Its something i should do.'

If you wish to advertise (paid) please say so.

Russ
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• elect41
            • Feb 2010

Don,t want to advertise,

I am here to learn and help with solar,thanks for the proposal
            my interest is only advise and education.

THANK YOU.

Comment

• Sunking
              Solar Fanatic
              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by elect41
              Either you want or not use diy solar panel on your roof,here in puerto rico you're not allow to,we have the same codes and regulation for gridtie systems.
              Well if you have the same codes and consumer laws in PR that we do in the USA, it is a moot point about a DIY panel, it is not going to happen then now is it?

Perhaps we need a illegal Solar Panel Forum for you huh? Kind of like one of those "How To Grow You Own Weed" forums.
              MSEE, PE

Comment

• elect41
                • Feb 2010

Solar panels are not only used for gridtie only.Not interested in anything illegal
                don't roll that way.Good luck with your'e way of thinking.

Comment

• Sunking
                  Solar Fanatic
                  • Feb 2010

Originally posted by elect41
                  Solar panels are not only used for gridtie only.
                  I understand that, but if you are using off-grid battery in your home premises wiring same rules apply if you live in a area with electrical codes, and have a mortgage with insurance. No DIY panels approved.
                  MSEE, PE

Comment

• elect41
                    • Feb 2010

Home Constrution Are Differently

Our homes here in Puerto Rico,are all concrete and our roofs are real safe to have diy panels,we would not get incentives or tax credits if the system is diy,but we can install them at our own risk, but if its a gridtie system we have to follow the codes in order to register the solar system with local power authorities ,and benefit from net metering.

If our home is offgrid {no power company] home owner are responsible for theyre actions.but it can be done with an appropiate certified solar installer.

Comment

• Naptown
                      Solar Fanatic
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Sunking
                      Well if you have the same codes and consumer laws in PR that we do in the USA, it is a moot point about a DIY panel, it is not going to happen then now is it?

Perhaps we need a illegal Solar Panel Forum for you huh? Kind of like one of those "How To Grow You Own Weed" forums.
                      Gee did we give Puerto Rico it's independence?
                      Last time I checked it was a territory still.
                      NABCEP certified Technical Sales Professional

[URL="http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showthread.php?5334-Solar-Off-Grid-Battery-Design"]http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showth...Battery-Design[/URL]

[URL]http://www.calculator.net/voltage-drop-calculator.html[/URL] (Voltage drop Calculator among others)

[URL="http://www.gaisma.com"]www.gaisma.com[/URL]

Comment

• edmondwong

aluminium solar panel frame

I'm from an aluminium extrusion company making aluminium solar panel frames.if there's anything I can do for anyone here,please contact me.

Comment

• Mike90250
                          • May 2009

Originally posted by edmondwong
                          I'm from an aluminium extrusion company making aluminium solar panel frames.if there's anything I can do for anyone here,please contact me.

Welcome.
                          simple, direct answers to questions are welcomed by vendors. Thank you.

Hi, I want to make DIY solar panels but I can't find anyone that sells the frames that I need.
                          Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
                          || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
                          || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
                          gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• Russel
                            • Jul 2011

how do I contact you?

i'm interested, but how do I contact you? please send me a private message.

Comment

• Russel
                              • Jul 2011

you have to have 10 posts i guess to send private messages that is why.

Comment

• Mike90250
                                • May 2009

Originally posted by edmondwong01
                                this is still Edmond Wong,I'm new here.something wrong with my last ID,please contact me

Mod note - If you wish to participate fine - if you wish to market advertising may be available.
                                in the member profile area, is a field for your email address, and a selection, if yo wish to make it public or private.

addresses in posts are not allowed, because spambots crawl the web, searching for email address to spam, hack, or impersonate.
                                Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
                                || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
                                || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
                                gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Working...