X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Panel Kits

Hi All,

Many people come to Solar Panel Talk to ask about "solar kits" as they are readily available these days. The most common mistake we see is people go out and buy a solar kit without understanding what their power requirements are and then they come here asking why the kit didn't work. Mostly they end up being undersized or just plain unsuitable to the task. So as with any solar system the first thing to understand is, ...whats my daily load and for how many days (I am talking small off-grid stuff here) do I need to run it with out recharging the battery properly via either AC charger (grid) or RE (solar/wind) or generator.(gas/propane/diesel). Click this link to see a post about sizing your system.

Once you understand the load and function of the proposed solar system you can indeed look to the design phase. Now you need to ask yourself do I really want a kit that will do a certain job or do I want to get all the bits i need to for-fill my requirements. There are several solar distributors who will work with you to determine your loads and requirements and will sell you all the bits you need. You can find many solar distributors here at our site sponsors.

Solar Panel Talk has thousands of posts from people who have gone through the process of assessing their requirements to going out and using their new system, search around and read up,then come and ask some questions or share your experiences cheers,

I think you are right, soalr panel kit merchants need to consider that users may be fresh in when promoting their products, set up a program to guide customers to choose, let them follow the choice and eventually give their best choice.

Comment

Originally posted by outdoorlover View Post
      I think you are right, soalr panel kit merchants need to consider that users may be fresh in when promoting their products, set up a program to guide customers to choose, let them follow the choice and eventually give their best choice.
      Why would they want to do that ? The mfg. has nothing to gain in customer education. The more ignorant someone is of a product, the easier it is for them to be taken advantage of.

Comment

Originally posted by outdoorlover View Post

Hi outdoorlover, welcome to solar panel talk, I think there are a lot of good sites now with calculators and references like this one. Cheers

Comment

I went the "plug n play" from renology.
          Knew my system parameters,just needed a system to meet them.
          Cept for some needed materials renology did NOT include in the "kit",easily gotten at the local Greentech store,.
          ALL GOOD !

But...next time... I'm going direct to Greentech !!!

Comment

Working...
          X