Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zardiw
    • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Always A DIY Guy
    If you look hard enough and put in the right "key" search words, you can find just about anything on the web. You will have to buy in bulk though. Try this website or maybe this one....

I went to google and this was my search = "solar cells for sale direct bulk grade"
    Thanks for that info!!!! .....Most of those are pretty expensive though.

On EBay Everbrightsolar2003 has the best deals on broken ones. The box I bought had a lot of whole ones in it at the bottom.

HeartoftheSun is selling the new Maxeon/SolarPower ones too.

Fwiw, I've tabbed some broken cells and will test them tomorrow........will give you an update.

z

Comment

I purchase my Mono Cells from wdf061301 on ebay http://www.ebay.com/usr/wdf061301?eu...xe=exe,ext=ext

This is from NEO SOLAR POWER based in China And Taiwan

They have a great video you can check out

They do have two types of Mono Cells. The black type ones and they have A blue type with different conductor patterns. Very interesting. Both cells perform the same Ive tested.
      Im happy with them, although nothing is 100percent perfect with solar cells. some have little noticable scratches here and there but nothing is perfect. I dont think you can really get a 100 percent perfect batch of cells lol.
      Im still looking around tho

Comment

• Zardiw
        • Nov 2015

Originally posted by GoldCobra
        I purchase my Mono Cells from wdf061301 on ebay http://www.ebay.com/usr/wdf061301?eu...xe=exe,ext=ext

This is from NEO SOLAR POWER based in China And Taiwan

They have a great video you can check out

They do have two types of Mono Cells. The black type ones and they have A blue type with different conductor patterns. Very interesting. Both cells perform the same Ive tested.
        Im happy with them, although nothing is 100percent perfect with solar cells. some have little noticable scratches here and there but nothing is perfect. I dont think you can really get a 100 percent perfect batch of cells lol.
        Im still looking around tho
        Kinda expensive at $2.25 per.....But they look nice............

Check these out.....Latest and Greatest. No Tabbing required: http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUNPOWER-FLE...EAAOSwVL1WDd0T

$1.79/per

z
        Last edited by Zardiw; 01-20-2016, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Nah I wont buy them. There cheap price becuase they are B-GRADE some cells have small chips on the edge, blemishes,finger prints,scratches,ETC
          I dont want any of that my friend. I rather pay full price if thats the case.
          I actually getting up to 100 cells of these. And will be performing some tests later on to see just how effective they are.

Comment

• Zardiw
            • Nov 2015

Nah I wont buy them. There cheap price becuase they are B-GRADE some cells have small chips on the edge, blemishes,finger prints,scratches,ETC
            I dont want any of that my friend. I rather pay full price if thats the case.
            I actually getting up to 100 cells of these. And will be performing some tests later on to see just how effective they are.
            Yeah, but that doesn't effect their output.......Plus they are a hell of a lot easier to build with.......just saying.........Here's another good deal 1KW for $250:
            http://www.ebay.com/itm/161949483965...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

PS......Post your results......I think the secret to a good solar panel is for all the cells to be very close to the same power.......z

Comment

Ya I looked at this before I was impressed with the cost. for 250 for 250 cells. Its good offer. but they charge 90 bucks for international shipping im from canada. So the price of cells goes up a bit
              I do want 10 of those cells thou just to check them out.
              Im just not fully impressed with the 16.6% efficient solar world mono series solar cells 4.04w
              while

wdf061301
              cells are 18.5% 4.5 watt
              I can also get bus, flux and tabbing for all my cells to boot

And if you plan to purchase cells from him can you tell him that Pirate-Frog mentioned you.

Comment

• Zardiw
                • Nov 2015

Ahhh.....just saw that .....about the shipping.......they come from Indiana

But if you're close to the border, you can open a PO box in the states.....then drive across to get em...

Also on your tests......what's the delta % difference in various cells?.....z
                Last edited by Zardiw; 01-21-2016, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Whats a Delta Percentage.
                  Im not familiar with electrical terms much. Only Volts OHms and Amps and stuff.

Im working on getting some colored solar cells now..

Comment

• Zardiw
                    • Nov 2015

Just the difference in amps/volts of the cells you bought......how different are the readings from cell to cell

Comment

• Zardiw
                      • Nov 2015

PS......Those colored ones look GREAT!!!!! Where do you get em?

Comment

Lof Solar Copr.
                        Color Solar Cell, color solar panel, color solar panels

Thats pretty much the only place I can find Solar cells like these.
                        There not high efficent or anything. But they produce beautiful power
                        They do charge like 4 bucks per cell tho... And MOQ order has to be 110. But I bumped them down for half that. Thankfully!

As far as the cell ratings of amps and volts. I recently bought a new multi meter reader cus my old one didnt read amps apparently. I bought this yesterday.
                        I will have to get back to you on my readings...
                        perhaps we can share info. I usually just test mine under 500W industrial lamp to see how much they peak out.
                        later today imma run to dollar store and buy ton of garden lamps for 1.25 each, and these solar cells on them produce 2.40volts.
                        plenty of volts for tiny bastards.

Comment

• Mike90250
                          • May 2009

......... and these solar cells on them produce 2.40volts. plenty of volts for tiny bastards......
                          Volts are only half the problem. Amps are the other half, if you can't supply enough amps, the voltage collapses.
                          Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
                          || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
                          || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
                          gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• Zardiw
                            • Nov 2015

Lof Solar Copr.
                            Color Solar Cell, color solar panel, color solar panels

Thats pretty much the only place I can find Solar cells like these.
                            There not high efficent or anything. But they produce beautiful power
                            They do charge like 4 bucks per cell tho... And MOQ order has to be 110. But I bumped them down for half that. Thankfully!

As far as the cell ratings of amps and volts. I recently bought a new multi meter reader cus my old one didnt read amps apparently. I bought this yesterday.
                            I will have to get back to you on my readings...
                            perhaps we can share info. I usually just test mine under 500W industrial lamp to see how much they peak out.
                            later today imma run to dollar store and buy ton of garden lamps for 1.25 each, and these solar cells on them produce 2.40volts.
                            plenty of volts for tiny bastards.
                            I doubt if one cell will produce that much voltage...... 0.65 or so is the max I've tested. I built a light box to test em. Got a 300Watt long style bulb in it. Actually puts out more light than the sun at close range: Has a push button so only need to do it a few seconds.....otherwise it gets hot and the readings get thrown off. Have to compare apples to apples.

What a royal pain in the ass it is to add an image ...........Still haven't figured it out.......and I'm a computer tech guy.....lmaooooooooooooo

http://images.investorshub.advfn.com...kLightBox2.jpg

z
                            Last edited by Zardiw; 01-23-2016, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• Zardiw
                              • Nov 2015

I wonder if that place will sell broken/not up to spec ones.........z

Comment

• bcroe
                                Solar Fanatic
                                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Zardiw

I doubt if one cell will produce that much voltage...... 0.65 or so is the max I've tested. I built a light box to test em. Got a 300Watt long style bulb in it. Actually puts out more light than the sun at close range: Has a push button so only need to do it a few seconds.....otherwise it gets hot and the readings get thrown off. Have to compare apples to apples.
                                That looks like a more powerful box than mine. But with 8A and very little voltage, I wouldn't expect accurate
                                results from those 2 clip leads. I had 2 short feed wires for each cell surface (cause there were 2 runs) that I
                                actually soldered on for the test. It has load resistors in each corner, a cell crack in on quadrant will probably
                                be detected. Bruce Roe
                                Last edited by bcroe; 01-23-2016, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Working...