X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SunEagle
    Super Moderator
    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by GoldCobra
    I checked out how much volt and amp the tiny cells make.

0.80A
    0.55V

So I guess the cell remains almost as much volt as a larger complete cell. Just less amp.

If anyone interested in the cells http://www.ebay.com/itm/252340165663
    You wont find them cheaper on ebay for 100pcs especially mono ones. Ive not seen anybody else sell mono ones.
    Most times I see people sell photovoltaic ones for 15 bucks for 100pcs. also note that the conductivity pattern is not exactly the same on the front side of cells in yims pictures.
    I believe that is what I said would happen with your cell output.

Comment

Yep. I figured as much too. Although I didnt think it would produce that much Amps either. I wonder if you chop them up smaller you get smaller amps as well perhaps.

Comment

• SunEagle
        Super Moderator
        • Oct 2012

Think of the pv cell as a farm. The smaller it is the less it produces. In this case it will be less watts. Since the volts stay the same the amps must go down based on the formula Watts = Voltage x Amps.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle
          Think of the pv cell as a farm. The smaller it is the less it produces. In this case it will be less watts. Since the volts stay the same the amps must go down based on the formula Watts = Voltage x Amps.
          I know thats common sense. I know what Electron and Nuetron and Proton are and nuclieus. I am familiar with Electron flow. Scientific notation.
          Bunch of stuff I learned in past month.
          I didnt know solar Cells were just Electrons though. I thought they had neutrons and protons in them as well.
          I.E.R TRiangle thingy.
          conductors and semi conductors

Alot of the basics.
          Last edited by Guest; 04-03-2016, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Does Solar Cell move by Convetional Flow notation or Electron flow notation?
            Conventional im assuming

Im trying to find like. A book on electronics, with water pipe analogy of Each electronic peices. like Caps, and JTEF, PNP's that kind of stuff.
            Last edited by Guest; 04-03-2016, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• inetdog
              Super Moderator
              • May 2012

Does Solar Cell move by Convetional Flow notation or Electron flow notation?
              Conventional im assuming

Im trying to find like. A book on electronics, with water pipe analogy of Each electronic peices. like Caps, and JTEF, PNP's that kind of stuff.
              Solar Cells work by moving either electrons (negative) or spots where electrons would normally be (holes, positive) from one place to another.
              Whether you describe the resulting current in electron flow or conventional notation has absolutely no effect on what is happening inside the cells.

Now a diode symbol looks a little bit like an arrow, and if you interpret it as showing the direction that current can flow easily then that corresponds to conventional current.
              SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Originally posted by inetdog
                Solar Cells work by moving either electrons (negative) or spots where electrons would normally be (holes, positive) from one place to another.
                Whether you describe the resulting current in electron flow or conventional notation has absolutely no effect on what is happening inside the cells.

Now a diode symbol looks a little bit like an arrow, and if you interpret it as showing the direction that current can flow easily then that corresponds to conventional current.
                Sure Im aware of this, Anode and Cathode of Diode. I have plenty of questions that I wrote down. And am Happy you guys are willing to assist me.

Is there a way to add protons and neutrons to the solar tab and bus conductors either by external influence of another mechanism.

How much Volt and Amp can a tab wire hold. and also Bus.
                Last edited by Guest; 04-05-2016, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• jflorey2
                  Solar Fanatic
                  • Aug 2015

Is there a way to add protons and neutrons to the solar tab and bus conductors either by external influence of another mechanism.
                  No. You can't add mass to the cell.
                  How much Volt and Amp can a tab wire hold. and also Bus.
                  Depends on the tab. A conductor can carry a certain amount of current based on its conductivity, cross section and allowable temperature rise. There is effectively no limit to the voltage; that is generally set by the insulation strength and safety regulations.

Comment

Is there a way I can add a proton receiver to the conductor. So it can allow the electrons to move to proton device or something rather.

How do you find a Tab conductivity to see how much current it can hold.

Comment

• jflorey2
                      Solar Fanatic
                      • Aug 2015

Is there a way I can add a proton receiver to the conductor. So it can allow the electrons to move to proton device or something rather.
                      No.
                      How do you find a Tab conductivity to see how much current it can hold.
                      You would look at the manufacturer's specifications for the part.

Comment

Say 5.0x0.2mm solar bus bar tab

Dont you just need the thickness of busbar to determin how much current?

Comment

• Mike90250
                          • May 2009

You need thickness, material type, and spec for how much heat adjoing parts can withstand, usually the cell will fail, before the tabbing melts.
                          Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
                          || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
                          || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
                          gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• SunEagle
                            Super Moderator
                            • Oct 2012

Say 5.0x0.2mm solar bus bar tab

Dont you just need the thickness of busbar to determin how much current?
                            The size of the bus is not the only piece of the puzzle. The material it is made from needs to have the lowest resistance as possible (copper, aluminum, gold, platinum, etc.).

Sometimes the number of wires the "grid" or "mesh" on the cell helps collect more electrons along with the "sheet resistance" of the pv cell material surface will determine how many electrons can be harvested by the "grid" or "mesh" connected to the busbar.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle

The size of the bus is not the only piece of the puzzle. The material it is made from needs to have the lowest resistance as possible (copper, aluminum, gold, platinum, etc.).

Sometimes the number of wires the "grid" or "mesh" on the cell helps collect more electrons along with the "sheet resistance" of the pv cell material surface will determine how many electrons can be harvested by the "grid" or "mesh" connected to the busbar.
                              So for example the 5.0x0.2mm solar bus. How much electrons would it hold. Where do I find the spec.
                              Im way over my head becuase I bought a bunch of solder and tabbing and have no clue about there specs.
                              I thought it was all determine by thickness.

Comment

Im so stupid now im sitting in Hot water with this issue..got alot of tabbing and bus and no clue about its spec. other than its thickness.
                                Ive got two big rolls, no description on them other than
                                0,2*2mm
                                And 0.16*18mm
                                And tabbing for the rolls that have nothing labeled on them

What sort of things would I need to be concered and look for when asking spec sheet or information
                                and what should I look for from the cells specs
                                Last edited by Guest; 04-06-2016, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Working...