Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can we use ordinary lamination film roll for solar cell encapsulation instead of EVA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can we use ordinary lamination film roll for solar cell encapsulation instead of EVA

can we use ordinary clear lamination film roll for solar cell encapsulation instead of EVA paper ? , because EVA is really expensive and lamination film roll paper is relatively cheap .

bump

Comment

No - what makes you think there is any chance at all?
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by russ View Post
        No - what makes you think there is any chance at all?
        because it has bonding agent in one side and it sticks to the paper when it's heated, so, can't we use ordinary heat treating lamination paper to laminate the solar cells ?. I don't necessarily want it to stick into the glass but to stick it to the solar cells. But one doubt I have in my mind is that it would degrade in direct sunlight or not ? , what do you think ?, thanks for commenting friend.

Comment

bump

Comment

In the market today where it is ultra competitive the manufacturers are not going to spend more than necessary - if the cheaper material worked they would be using it.
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

In the market today where it is ultra competitive the manufacturers are not going to spend more than necessary - if the cheaper material worked they would be using it.
              In my country we can't find EVAs so, it would be very expensive to import them, but we have plenty of lamination paper... for me using the lamination paper is more cheaper than the EAVs ... that's why I asked, if it's possible to use the lamination paper instead of EVAs because lamination papaer also have bonding agents when heated ... I didn't ask why don't you use it. ... I asked is it possible to use it in-lieu of EVAs theoretically ... thank you

Comment

Sure you can use it. Go right ahead, just be prepared to replace the panels every year or two. No problem right as your methods are cheap and inferior? So replacing them every year or two is no problem for your you or your budget. Even if you buy EVa you will still be replacing them every couple of years. A DIY cannot make quality panels. That is a fact.
                MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by SOLAR_MAN View Post
                  In my country we can't find EVAs so, it would be very expensive to import them, but we have plenty of lamination paper... for me using the lamination paper is more cheaper than the EAVs ... that's why I asked, if it's possible to use the lamination paper instead of EVAs because lamination papaer also have bonding agents when heated ... I didn't ask why don't you use it. ... I asked is it possible to use it in-lieu of EVAs theoretically ... thank you
                  China?

You were answered if you understand English - if it worked the factories would use it - therefore it don't work

If you want something to work for more than a short period at least.
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

For home made panels you dont have to worry much what you use. Isuggest alfoil to cover the cells front and back. Solder one +wire to the front sheet and the - wire to the back sheet. Cheap method and saves all the tabbing problems.

Comment

China?

You were answered if you understand English - if it worked the factories would use it - therefore it don't work

If you want something to work for more than a short period at least.

ok, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunny Solar View Post
                        For home made panels you dont have to worry much what you use. Isuggest alfoil to cover the cells front and back. Solder one +wire to the front sheet and the - wire to the back sheet. Cheap method and saves all the tabbing problems.
                        thanks for the constructive and very useful answer .... LOL ...

Comment

I say go for it. Try the lamination sheets on a couple of panels, test them for a few years, document your findings, take lots of pics and report back to us. We would love to hear what you find.

Comment

cheap panel

Cheap panels do work and they can last. I have one , a friends of mine gave me the cells he had left from a project he did.
                            I has some plain glass already. put it all together and silicone the glass together was doing it for laughs it was all free. the charge controller is older its cheap. the name is rub off, the light indiactor is burnt out. was going to used it to charge battery when I need to. put in on the roof of my polebarn. guess what it work , that was 15 years ago.
                            and it stills works today. so don't listen to all the so call Thomas experts if you want to try it try it and have fun.

we will never be able to land on the moon its full of cheese

Comment

Originally posted by danialfreeland View Post
                              Cheap panels do work and they can last. I have one , a friends of mine gave me the cells he had left from a project he did.
                              I has some plain glass already. put it all together and silicone the glass together was doing it for laughs it was all free. the charge controller is older its cheap. the name is rub off, the light indiactor is burnt out. was going to used it to charge battery when I need to. put in on the roof of my polebarn. guess what it work , that was 15 years ago.
                              and it stills works today. so don't listen to all the so call Thomas experts if you want to try it try it and have fun.

we will never be able to land on the moon its full of cheese
                              Easy on the blather - if you plan to stay around at least.
                              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                              X