Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ampster
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jun 2017

When you say "production meter" are you referring to the one inside the SolarEdge or the one labeled "Energy Meter" on that diagram. I can tell you that those two meters will read different values depending on what the loads are drawing.
    9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

• gjohn
      • Dec 2019

Originally posted by Ampster
      When you say "production meter" are you referring to the one inside the SolarEdge or the one labeled "Energy Meter" on that diagram. I can tell you that those two meters will read different values depending on what the loads are drawing.
      Neither meter. It refers to the meter put by utility to track total production of the PV so that MA can give credits for total production of solar as well. See blue circle in picture below. Capture1.JPGif not clear, Please also refer to the post wilow made to which you responded that it is clear (re your post, #18). my point is that meter can only read total production if scenario #1, in my previous post is what is happening.

Comment

• Ampster
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jun 2017

I don't see a post where scenerio #1 is described. Do the production meter and the energy meter report the same numbers for the same period? Do you get a production number from the SolarEdge that you can compare to the other two meters?
        Last edited by Ampster; 01-01-2020, 06:00 AM.
        9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

• soby
          Solar Fanatic
          • Mar 2019

Originally posted by gjohn

Neither meter. It refers to the meter put by utility to track total production of the PV so that MA can give credits for total production of solar as well. See blue circle in picture below. Capture1.JPGif not clear, Please also refer to the post wilow made to which you responded that it is clear (re your post, #18). my point is that meter can only read total production if scenario #1, in my previous post is what is happening.
          gjohn,
          I stumbled upon this issue with the critical loads panel and the SMART energy meter back in May: https://www.solarpaneltalk.com/forum...s-backup-loads

I am your guinea pig because I convinced my installer to add an APC UTS10BI: https://www.apc.com/shop/us/en/produ...240V/P-UTS10BI.

The backup loads from the StorEdge inverter feeds the generator input of the APC automatic transfer switch. When the grid is up, the backup loads feed is unused. When the grid goes down, the transfer switch SHOULD start sucking power from the LG Chem battery. I say should because it's not all up and running yet (long story but at least I'm generating power!). I hope to be able to test this setup in about a month pending an RMA replacement battery from LG Chem (again, long story).

Comment

Working...