X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant work. A pulsing stream of water ( from the ram pump) will not get the turbine up to speed. Inertia works aginast you. Sorry.

Or just build it, and prove me wrong.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Get someone to do the calculations for you. The numbers you are considering are not real.

If it were so easy every hydroelectric project in the world would be considering such a thing - that would be 1000's of gW
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by russ View Post
        Get someone to do the calculations for you.
        The numbers you are considering are not real.

Comment

Double Nozzles to be used as turbo charger

This type has 2 nozzles that i want to use them as:

Comment

3rd Try

REPLY:

I think you are going to design the pico hydro turbine for increase the efficiency of ram pump.
            In N***l, we generally design the pico hydro turbine to generate the electricity connecting with generator.

To design the pico hydro turbine, the water discharge (liter per second) and water pressure (Water falls from the certain vertical head through the penstock pipe { in your case water pressure from the outlet of ram pump}) should be known.
            The size and type of the turbine depends up on this two data.
            If you provide me this data, I will help you to design the turbine.

If the pressure of the water in to turbine from nozzle is minimum, the efficiency of the turbine is low.

Comment

Could be a Hope

REPLY: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 12:13:59 +0000

Thanks to share your plan in brief.
              We can design that type of double jet small turbine for ram pump which creates the Water Hammer Effect and certain lifting head may be increased.
              We can design small turbine for testing as you think.

Comment

REPLY:[QUOTE]It takes near about two months to design and manufacture the pico turbine.
                We have not test this type of double jet turbine in Ram pump as you think till date.
                As you stated above, this is small testing unit

Comment

Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 6:11 PM

Water Hammer Effect to Increase Water Turbine Efficiency
                  * Basanta Lamichhane <@gmail.com> Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 6:11 PM

Dear sir,

I have discussed with my team about the design of system as per our
                  discussion. However, we have not finalized any design yet. *We are
                  busy to design and testing francis turbine for Micro Hydro power.

If any progress happens, I will inform you.

Thank you for your interest about this.

With best regards,

Basanta Raj Lamichhane

Comment

Working...
                  X