Solar Panel Calculator? Is there one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Panel Calculator? Is there one?

Is there a solar panel calculator that you can enter in a location (Zip Code) and put in panel information and it gives you potential output for the day/week/month/year.

Thanks

Yes there is: PV Watts
    MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
      Yes there is:

PV Watts
      It only lets me choose two cities which both are about 300 - 400 miles away from my potential sight.

Comment

Originally posted by genghiskhan View Post
        It only lets me choose two cities which both are about 300 - 400 miles away from my potential sight.
        Enter your zip code, address, or coordinates in PV Watts
        MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
          Enter your zip code, address, or coordinates in PV Watts
          Thanks...This link worked!

Comment

The link is available on the forum page as well.
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

A better solar calculator

The solar panel calculator on www.solar-estimate.org is a good solar calculator.

The PV Watts data is great because of the extensive work they have done to calculate production data but the beauty of the solar calculator on Solar Estimate is that it takes the PV Watts data but also incorporates financial data and information about incentives to show you an overall financial return from a decision to go solar

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                The solar panel calculator on www.solar-estimate.org is a good solar calculator.

The PV Watts data is great because of the extensive work they have done to calculate production data but the beauty of the solar calculator on Solar Estimate is that it takes the PV Watts data but also incorporates financial data and information about incentives to show you an overall financial return from a decision to go solar
                Another advantage of PVWatts is that it's closer to the horse's mouth, and it doesn't require personal information as do the other referenced sites that will enable the peddlers/owners of those other sites to get access to your info. I'd suggest stick w/ PVWatts or other non commercial sites not only for sizing but also process cost information as well.

Comment

Working...
                X