NRG Clean, SunRun, Freedom, LA Solar Group, Solar SME, Victory Solar, thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GoingElectric
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jun 2022

NRG Clean, SunRun, Freedom, LA Solar Group, Solar SME, Victory Solar, thoughts?

NRG Clean, SunRun, Freedom, LA Solar Group, Solar SME, Victory Solar, what is thoughts from gallery?

I hear many say go local, but even the "local" ones operate in a few states.

If you have a direct experience, please post your experience and when you had work done (work quality can improve, or get worse, over time)

Thanks

MOD NOTE: Please don't include links to other solar web sites in your post
    Last edited by SunEagle; 08-04-2022, 09:41 AM.
  • J.P.M.
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by GoingElectric
    NRG Clean, SunRun, Freedom, LA Solar Group, Solar SME, Victory Solar, what is thoughts from gallery?

If you have a direct experience, please post when this happened.

Thanks
    As the guy in my HOA that reviews, recommends to the ARC and then monitors progress of all the PV installs, I'd say SunRun is one of the bottom feeders of all the vendors I've dealt with, SunRun being mostly uninformed, uncaring and unprofessional top to bottom.

You can find lousy local vendors for sure, but do your homework - and that means more than looking at sites where folks who know less than you about what they bought give opinions that, as a result of their ignorance mean little, or recommendations from friends/neighbors for the same reasons, or even posters to this site, including this writer - and chances are you'll do much better than the big national (or regional) outfits if you review, get quotes from, negotiate and contract with established local electrical contractors that were around long before PV became popular.

If you might get a bit more reliable info on this site, it's maybe because some of us have a bit more experience than the average bear and don't care much about political correctness, but there's still a lot of B.S. here as well.

Bottom line: Get educated before you spend money, stay local and Caveat Lector.
    Last edited by J.P.M.; 08-03-2022, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• RichardCullip
      Solar Fanatic
      • Oct 2019

If you have a direct experience, please post when this happened.

Thanks
      When what happened?

Comment

• GoingElectric
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jun 2022

Originally posted by RichardCullip

When what happened?
        Ha. I was editing my post to be more clear, but could not finish. Editing it now.

Comment

• SunEagle
          Super Moderator
          • Oct 2012

Ha. I was editing my post to be more clear, but could not finish. Editing it now.
          Your post went to Moderation due to the added links.

Comment

• GoingElectric
            Solar Fanatic
            • Jun 2022

Originally posted by SunEagle

Your post went to Moderation due to the added links.
            The links was for a company that makes design and planning software tool.
            It was not a solar installer, or solar hardware

I link because I do not find it mentioned in forums.

Comment

• SunEagle
              Super Moderator
              • Oct 2012

The links was for a company that makes design and planning software tool.
              It was not a solar installer, or solar hardware

I link because I do not find it mentioned in forums.
              I understand but I would rather you first get permission from our Admin Solar Pete before you add that kind of link.

Comment

• GoingElectric
                Solar Fanatic
                • Jun 2022

Originally posted by SunEagle

I understand but I would rather you first get permission from our Admin Solar Pete before you add that kind of link.
                Understood

Comment

• GoingElectric
                  Solar Fanatic
                  • Jun 2022

solar pete Permission to link websites for design and management software?
                  For example Google, Aurora, Go Solo, Solar Edge, etc

Comment

• Ampster
                    Solar Fanatic
                    • Jun 2017

This forum is supported by a website that refers people to installers so linking to installers or solar design sites cannibalizes that business model.
                    9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

• GoingElectric
                      Solar Fanatic
                      • Jun 2022

Originally posted by Ampster
                      This forum is supported by a website that refers people to installers so linking to installers or solar design sites cannibalizes that business model.
                      The companies I list are neither.
                      Sites are tools to design solar installs (that are used by installers), but do not design anything on own.

Comment

• Ampster
                        Solar Fanatic
                        • Jun 2017

Sites are tools to design solar installs (that are used by installers), but do not design anything on own.
                        I am not the one making the decision. I was just trying to give you some insight as to why your request may go unanswered.
                        9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

• solar pete
                          Administrator
                          • May 2014

Hi Going Electric, welcome to the neighborhood, we don't like links to other solar businesses as our site sponsors sites www.solarreviews.com and solar-estimate.org are are sites where you can find lots of info and they have lots of links to other solar sites, so we would rather you start there, but happy for you to mention names of equipment etc and if people want to find things they will without needing links, cheers
                          Uses local climate data, your roof measurements, current local electric rates and current solar system cost to generate an accurate solar cost and savings estimate, customized for your home.

Comment

• AmitBajpayee
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2017

Originally posted by solar pete

Hi Going Electric, welcome to the neighborhood, we don't like links to other solar businesses as our site sponsors sites www.solarreviews.com and solar-estimate.org are are sites where you can find lots of info and they have lots of links to other solar sites, so we would rather you start there, but happy for you to mention names of equipment etc and if people want to find things they will without needing links, cheers
                            That is well explained; I hope the information provided helps the people, Thanks for this information.

Comment

• Calsun
                              • Oct 2022

Key is to buy from a company that will be around 10 years from now and still providing warranty service and replacement. There is also a difference in output and construction for panels made for the commercial market and ones made for the residential market. The latter are more likely to have compromises made to reach a "competitive" price point.

I would also want panels that a local installer is authorized to sell as each installer has their one or two panel companies as suppliers.

Comment

Working...