X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike 134
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jan 2022

Originally posted by Ampster

The rules have changed the economics as well. The requirement for panel level Rapid Shut Down in many jurisdictions has made the Keep it Simple argument moot. I have had both systems and they each have their pros and cons. Visit some other forums and you will see a balanced view.
    That's what drove me to use an optimizer, had to put something up there for rapid shutdown so decided on optimizers. (will let you know how it all works out once it's up and running.)

Comment

• nomadh
      Solar Fanatic
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by J.P.M.

I don't know if it's as interesting as it is more often a no B.S. site than some others. If old hands here seem to show a preference - although I'd suggest not universal or for all applications - for string inverters, it's probably got something to do with an engineering outlook on the world gained by formal education in the sciences and engineering, and more importantly product knowledge gained by experience. Also, snowflakes be damned, some of us old farts tend to favor straight talk and see political correctness for the impediment to progress that it is.
      I think so too. I was pushing back on string inverter in my head but ended up doing it and have been very happy. I do wish I had a data portal saving a history of my output to compare but it's been great and thevstring guys are right. They don't push the point enough that small shading issues are not a good reason to go per panel either.

Comment

Working...