Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone heard of Sunfun panels or Hanwai panels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone heard of Sunfun panels or Hanwai panels?

Gang,

I can get some 235 W Sunfun 60 cell panels for a great price.

The model is :
    SF220-30-P235

Apparently they were (are) made by Hanwai from South Korea as the Hanwai panels appear to have the same model number

I googled the snout of them, but didn't turn much up

anyone with any experience with these panels?

Mike

Never heard of them, and I deal with module companies regularly.
    FWIW, 235W is either an old panel, or an old technology.

Comment

$$/W ?

What's a great price ?

I'm with emartin00 on maybe being old merchandise.

Comment

Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post
        $$/W ?

What's a great price ?

I'm with emartin00 on maybe being old merchandise.
        $125 each and since he's so close, no shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by emartin00 View Post
          Never heard of them, and I deal with module companies regularly.
          FWIW, 235W is either an old panel, or an old technology.
          I think it's a bit of both. The frames are 50mm, about 2", and you don't see frames like that anymore. Ironridge no longer makes the mounting hardware for a panel that thick. I purchased some end clamps from a guy on Ebay that will fit my Ironridge rails and are the proper thickness .

The seller has several pallets of these panels sitting in his warehouse.

The used Trina 250W panels I had purchased for both my new grid tie and to replace old Solar panels turned out to be a bad deal. While they work super for the battery based system, the Trina have enough leakage between terminals to trip the Solaredge inverter with a isolation fault. When the Trina panels are dry, they work fine with the grid tie, but add a little bit of moisture, and whoa! the inverter shuts down.

Although I have't tested the Trina panel for power, the Solaredge monitor shows the 12-250 W Trina panels are a bit down from the new Hyundai 250W panels.

I suspect, and without testing, the used Trina panels are most likely lower than the 230W Hunwai panels this guy has for $125.

Comment

$.53/W isn't that great of a deal for a questionable panel.
            You can get Trina 245W panels on Renvu for $.43/Watt right now.

Comment

Perhaps....

But I have to pay for shipping from RENVU and most likely tax.

Comment

Originally posted by qrper View Post
                Perhaps....But I have to pay for shipping from RENVU and most likely tax.
                But if a 1/3 are leaky and sub-par in power....
                Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
                || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
                || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
                gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Originally posted by Mike90250 View Post

But if a 1/3 are leaky and sub-par in power....
                  Those are the used ones I have installed. They are the USED Trina solar panels that are leaky.

I haven't purchased any of the 235W panels yet. Still looking for info.

Comment

talked to RENVU

$330 freight (includes lift gate) to my address. The guy didn't know if I would have to pay Ohio tax.

Comment

Originally posted by qrper View Post

talked to RENVU

$330 freight (includes lift gate) to my address. The guy didn't know if I would have to pay Ohio tax.
                      So if you're buying 10 panels, it's $150 more and you're getting 100W more, and you're getting panels that you know are good and have a bankable warranty.

Comment

So if you're buying 10 panels, it's $150 more and you're getting 100W more, and you're getting panels that you know are good and have a bankable warranty.
                        yeah and no....

I downloaded the Trina 240W panel data sheet from RENVU. The panels are rated at 245W a STC
                        However at 800w/sq their operating voltage falls flat from 30 V to 26 and the power drops to 171 W.

I purchased a lot of my pieces parts from Alte store and they have some REC305 W panels for $180. Plus $300 ship, Plus $140 tax. all said and done, about $216 per module to my door step.
                        I'm kinda leaning toward the 305W panels, as it takes just as much effort to replace the ones that are on the rack with 235W panels as it does with 305W ones.

Comment

Never heard of these 2 companies before. I can't even find them online so, that means it's hard to determine whether these companies are legit or not.

Comment

There could be a typo in your email. I find that Hanwha makes a panel with that model number. Hanwha is a well-known manufacturer and considered "tier 1", for whatever that's worth.

I don't know if these are a good deal or not. You decide.
                            Include in your decision that the rails are a fixed cost, regardless of the panel, so if you buy a lower-output panel, you're paying more for the rails per watt. That may be an insignificant adder.
                            Also do the math on inverter costs. Do you pay more per watt for inverters with less watts? If so, that's another hidden cost to low output panels. Again, these may be insignificant differences.

Do you care about how much roof area you use or how much energy you make with the installation? If so, higher output panels will give you more with the same roof area or the same with less roof area. If this matters to you, this is a significant difference.
                            7kW Roof PV, APsystems QS1 micros, Nissan Leaf EV

Comment

Q-Cell is the Trade Name. https://www.q-cells.com/en/main.html

They are a major manufacture. We use 1000's of them

Andy

Comment

Working...
                              X