solar panel < 36" wide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solar panel < 36" wide?

I am looking to add about 1000-1500 watts of solar to RV trailer and I have one side wide open but there is only 36.5" from edge of trailer to the AC unit. There is 28' of length available though.
    All of the panels that I am finding to maximize my roof space are 39" wide.

I will be using MPPT solar charger and I don't believe that the '12 volt' panels will be as efficient use of roof space.

Are there other panels that I am not aware of?

Why can't you wire 12 Volt Panels in series?
    2 of these side-by-side is 30"

http://webosolar.com/store/en/12v-24...SABEgKMaPD_BwE
    Last edited by NEOH; 10-31-2017, 09:04 PM.

Comment

32" Wide x 62" x 190W
      http://sepbatteries.com/topoint-190-...yABEgLdh_D_BwE

Just google "narrow rv solar panel"
      Last edited by NEOH; 10-31-2017, 09:27 PM.

Comment

I imagine I could use these. If I understand correctly, 2 panels would be 30" x 60" and 140 watts?

I had hopes of bigger panels, more watts in less space, less holes in roof and less wires, connections. If I need to tilt in winter time it would take a lot of time.
        Unless I could find some sort of rack system for them?

Comment

Originally posted by Treejohnny View Post
          I imagine I could use these. If I understand correctly, 2 panels would be 30" x 60" and 140 watts?

I had hopes of bigger panels, more watts in less space, less holes in roof and less wires, connections. If I need to tilt in winter time it would take a lot of time.
          Unless I could find some sort of rack system for them?
          See message #3

Comment

If you can find some used Sunpower 72 cell panels you can get about 220 - 240 watts in a 32" x 65" footprint.. Keep an eye on Craigslist, they come along every so often.
            2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

NEOH - the second one looks like a much better fit!

littleharbor - I will have to do that, I didn't even think of used panels....

Comment

Originally posted by Treejohnny View Post
                NEOH - the second one looks like a much better fit!

littleharbor - I will have to do that, I didn't even think of used panels....

Any of the 72 cell panels utilizing 5" cells will have a similar footprint. Of course the Sunpower panels will have higher output than others. If you are OK with lesser output you should easily be able to find suitable panels, such as the 190 watt Toppoint panels NEOH recommended.

Comment

I need five 200watt, 18Vmp, 11.05Imp(amp) panels to replace in my system. Anything within a couple volt and amp output might work. Hard to find but perhaps someone is changing their's out or has a lead.

Comment

Originally posted by Introvert View Post
                    I need five 200watt, 18Vmp, 11.05Imp(amp) panels to replace in my system. Anything within a couple volt and amp output might work. Hard to find but perhaps someone is changing their's out or has a lead.
                    Try these,
                    http://www.ecodirect.com/Synthesis-P...sis-sp200p.htm

Comment

Synthesis Power no longer has the 200w, 12v

Comment

Introvert I've found a seller on eBay who says he has 70, 200 watt 12 volt panels He mentioned he needs to "update" the price as they are $400.00 each. I have messaged him mentioned that $2.00 a watt is unheard of these days, and that he as of yet hadn't changed the price. Here's the item, in case you care to follow.
                        https://www.ebay.com/itm/200-watt-12.../272045790723?

BTW, 200 watt 12 volt modules are quite rare as I'm sure you would agree. There isn't an overwhelming amount of info in this listing so hard to tell quality level.
                        Per the seller they are Peimar brand, made in Italy . I don't see a 200 watt 12 volt module on their current website. http://www.peimar.com/en_products/
                        Last edited by littleharbor; 11-12-2017, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the assistance. I believe $400 per 200 watt panel is a bit high and I will keep looking. Thank you again and let me know if you run across anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Introvert View Post
                            Thank you for the assistance. I believe $400 per 200 watt panel is a bit high and I will keep looking. Thank you again and let me know if you run across anything else.
                            Will do. If this seller drops the price to something reasonable I'll let you know as well.

Comment

So I am still struggling with the dimensions of solar panels. I have spent many hours searching for solar panels online every time I find something close to the $1 per watt range they are out of stock.
                              The only panel that I find appealing that is available is 27"x58" https://amsolar.com/rv-solar-panels/solar-sf180 this one is only 4 cells wide.

Is there a better way to search and find a panel with 5" cells that is still in production?
                              is there a better way to search for panels that are 4 cells wide?

Comment

Working...
                              X