Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who makes a 200 watt panel here in the United States?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who makes a 200 watt panel here in the United States?

Who makes a 200 watt 24V panel here in the United States?
    900W, 40A MPPT, 230AH FLA,24V Samlex 1500W

I doubt you will find many US solar panel manufacturers let alone one that makes a 200watt version.

You can try Google on US solar panel mfg and there was a list of the top 10 although some may only be distributors and not manufactures.

Comment

Originally posted by Gdwats View Post
      why do you want a 200w 24V module? why not a cheaper 250w module?
      OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Well, I've got 6 100W panels already (least bang for the buck). A 250W doesn't fit the symmetry, and it would just get dummied down in line with the others. Also, I can't have 500W of panels on one string because of CC. 2x 400W strings would be my limit, or maybe 3 strings of 300W. CC is 100V/1000W.

Comment

Well, I've got 6 100W panels already (least bang for the buck). A 250W doesn't fit the symmetry, and it would just get dummied down in line with the others. Also, I can't have 500W of panels on one string because of CC. 2x 400W strings would be my limit, or maybe 3 strings of 300W. CC is 100V/1000W.
          You have a Renogy Rover 40 A mppt CC. You do not have a 1000 W limit on your installed array, that is just the maximum amount of array power that can be used at any one time. Since panels very rarely perform at their STC values, you would need to install an array larger than that to get 40 A output regularly.

Last I recall, you are using 4 x 6 V Duracell 230 Ah FLA batteries. 40 A into those batteries is C / 5.75, which might be more aggressive than those batteries will like.

How much mid-day charge current are you getting from the 600 W you have installed now?

CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

Nobody I'm aware of.

Comment

Around 17 A to the batteries, which hit 26V pretty quickly from 24.2.
              It seems like I don't have enough storage because it gets down to 24.2v at night pretty quick lately running just 100 to 200W. There should be around 2,700 WH at 26V to 24.2V no(50%)?

I was wondering if 2 of these Trojan 12V hooked in series could be hooked in parallel to the set I have now?:

https://www.bigtimebattery.com/store...xoClTUQAvD_BwE

Comment

Have you tried to measure specific gravity yet? It will give a much better indication of state of charge than voltage does.

Are you intentionally limiting charge to 26 V? 28.8 V is a more typical charge voltage for FLA's.

It sounds like you are not getting back to 100% soc. I would resist buying more batteries until you learn how to take care of these (especially since you have grid power anyway).

You could probably go up to 800-1000 W without overpowering those batteries, so I think you are on the right track there. I'd look at doing something like 4 X 100 W in series in one string, and putting 2 X 100 W in series with a 72 cell ~250-300 W panel in the other string. The string voltages will be close enough, and the fact that the string *current* is different is OK. That would get you to 850-900 W total.

Comment

Nope, still need to get a hydrometer. At 26V I figured i they were at 100% according to fla charts. Hmm.
                  It has been at 29.3 and at 29.8, and has gone into boost mode, and sometimes float mode on Sun full days. The CC does an equalizing routine the 28th of each month, but I think I can make it do it at any time, on a full sunny day of course.
                  When it hits 26V lately I've been taxing it a bit and It has been rather bad weather lately. We have another sunny stretch coming up, and I can better assess the data then. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Nope, still need to get a hydrometer. At 26V I figured i they were at 100% according to fla charts.
                    Those charts are based on *resting* voltage. From what you wrote, it sounded like you were observing *charging* voltage.

Comment

Yes, while in use and charging. My only readings of resting voltage would be early mornings before sun-up with inverter off. Its been 24.5V in the morning, but again we've lost the full Sun for a few days here. If CC is not boosting or floating most of the sunny days, I need more panels?

Comment

Yes, while in use and charging. My only readings of resting voltage would be early mornings before sun-up with inverter off. Its been 24.5V in the morning, but again we've lost the full Sun for a few days here. If CC is not boosting or floating most of the sunny days, I need more panels?
                        Let specific gravity tell you if you need more panels.

Comment

Ok, I'll get one. And say, how about keeping the 2 3x100W arrays, and get a 300W panel on third array. My only concern is that 24V is pretty low, as the other arrays together are around 45V. Do they make 48V 300W panels, that'd be too convenient?

Comment

Ok, I'll get one. And say, how about keeping the 2 3x100W arrays, and get a 300W panel on third array. My only concern is that 24V is pretty low, as the other arrays together are around 45V. Do they make 48V 300W panels, that'd be too convenient?
                            No, the voltage on the strings in parallel needs to be kept close. You'd have the equivalent of 108 cells on two existing strings, and only 72 cells on your new string.

Comment

Ya, figured .

Comment

Working...
                              X