Solarworld, Suniva, and Sunpower In Trouble. What Companies Are Worth My Business?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peakbagger
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jun 2010

I seem to remember some companies had warranties covered by third parties (insurance companies) if the manufacturer cant deal with warranty claims the insurance company has to back it up. Realistically I dont think any company keeps an inventory of older panels to honor warranty claims, at best you may get a check if one fails several years out. Lot to be said to buy a spare and sit it in the garage.

Comment

• bcroe
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by peakbagger
      I seem to remember some companies had warranties covered by third parties (insurance companies) if the manufacturer cant deal with warranty claims the insurance company has to back it up. Realistically I dont think any company keeps an inventory of older panels to honor warranty claims, at best you may get a check if one fails several years out. Lot to be said to buy a spare and sit it in the garage.
      If you use generic 60 or 72 cell panels, replacement should be no problem. Unless appearance
      is critical. I bought some extras in part because the cost of shipping one panel later is quite high.
      Bruce Roe

Comment

• Matrix
        Solar Fanatic
        • Oct 2017

Wow ... I wished I had thought of that. The panels were pretty inexpensive compared to the Freight.
        285Wx9 / MNClassic 150 / CSW4024 / TrojanL16H-ACx4

Comment

Working...