Where To Buy Suniva Panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where To Buy Suniva Panels

I'm interested in Suniva panels for DIY. They are closer and I want to pick them up at store. How do I know if they sell single panels? I want two solid black monos . From what I see on their website they only do installation no single panels for DIY.

Or just a good solid black mono will do,but all we've spoken with want hundreds of dollars in freight to send them.
    Last edited by Power4us; 01-05-2017, 12:07 AM.

Google is your friend, I got mine through wholesale solar but I got 70 of them.

Comment

Yep, one of the headwinds to DIY solar is panels can't be shipped UPS and it gets real expensive to truck just a few of them.
      Find a local dealer who can buy in large quantity wholesale and sell you just a couple retail.
      And there is nothing special about Suniva - except being somewhat USA made.
      Look on your local craigslist for used panels. PV panels last almost forever and used ones are good way to go for small DIY projects.
      BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

Thanks for your replies. We want black on black and yes it doesn't have to be Suniva but its hard to find black on black monos in America. We are old and don't want to take risk, just living is enough at our age. So want brand new panels.

Not real puter savey either.
        Last edited by Power4us; 01-05-2017, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by darylspower View Post
          Google is your friend, I got mine through wholesale solar but I got 70 of them.
          Hi daryl, we only need from 400 to 600 watts, We are buying as we can, so far we have MidNite NMKID MPPT 30 amp charge controller , Cotek SK2000W Inverter , battery monitor' Trimetric TM 2030RV, Bogart En.

PS we just bought the charge controller and inverter at Wholesale Solar, but the shipping is over $200 'estimate' to ship from Ca. to Fl. where we live for solar panels.
          Last edited by Power4us; 01-05-2017, 03:24 PM.

Comment

You can get the 280 watt Suniva in black from Renvu for $84 each less than Wholesale Solar according to the list price on their web sites. That's nearly enough difference to cover the shipping if you can get them to ship just two panels.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Power4us View Post
              Thanks for your replies. We want black on black and yes it doesn't have to be Suniva but its hard to find black on black monos in America. We are old and don't want to take risk, just living is enough at our age. So want brand new panels.

Not real puter savey either.

are you looking for American made or literally in America?

The second is trivial.
              Canadian Solar make BoB, Trina make BoB, Suniva, Solarworld, etc. etc. etc.
              What you want to do is look for a local distributor near to you either for Allied or Soligent or one of the many other Solar distributors.

OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Originally posted by GRickard View Post
                You can get the 280 watt Suniva in black from Renvu for $84 each less than Wholesale Solar according to the list price on their web sites. That's nearly enough difference to cover the shipping if you can get them to ship just two panels.

Greg
                Thanks Grickard, sounds too good to be true but I'll check it out. I looked and talked to so many who only want to sell the whole system. And thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by ButchDeal View Post

are you looking for American made or literally in America?

The second is trivial.
                  Canadian Solar make BoB, Trina make BoB, Suniva, Solarworld, etc. etc. etc.
                  What you want to do is look for a local distributor near to you either for Allied or Soligent or one of the many other Solar distributors.
                  Not really, just lookign for one more local and that is black and mono. I already have a battery place that is about 100 miles where we bought the trojans for solar but ended up on hubbys golf cart. So we know where to get the batteries,
                  Last edited by Power4us; 01-05-2017, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Went to Canadian Solar, they only sell minimum of 4 bob panels. Have been checking out local places for past few days. Suniva wants to sell a pallet and gave Backwoods Solar phone number. Went to website seemed expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Power4us View Post
                      Went to Canadian Solar, they only sell minimum of 4 bob panels. Have been checking out local places for past few days. Suniva wants to sell a pallet and gave Backwoods Solar phone number. Went to website seemed expensive.
                      You need to go to a distributor not a manufacturer. Canadian solar is a manufacturer. Soligent, allied, wholesale solar, etc are distributors.
                      OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Sunelec. is a large solar dealer in Fla. You might look them up online. They have some rock bottom pricing and might have what you need.
                        2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Originally posted by ButchDeal View Post

You need to go to a distributor not a manufacturer. Canadian solar is a manufacturer. Soligent, allied, wholesale solar, etc are distributors.

I think we found one will know in a couple days.
                          Last edited by Power4us; 01-06-2017, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by littleharbor View Post
                            Sunelec. is a large solar dealer in Fla. You might look them up online. They have some rock bottom pricing and might have what you need.
                            Been talking to them for awhile now and ironic he called me yesterday after you posted this. Sunelec seems like the place. Will let yall know soon as we decide for sure. I want to see the panel before I buy them. Trip to Gainesville is in the plan.
                            Last edited by Power4us; 01-06-2017, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Funny how these things work out. Best of luck to you in your search.
                              2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Working...
                              X