Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions on Q-Cell 315 panels and Fronius SYMO 24 inverters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Q-Cell 315 panels and Fronius SYMO 24 inverters?

I am considering installing about 500 kw of solar, using Q-Cell 315 panels and Fronius SYMO 24 inverters. Looking for opinions/reviews of both? Thanks in advance...

Commercial system ? Kind of big for residential .

Comment

Yes, on our farm. Big investment and want to make sure I am installing quality equipment...

Comment

Originally posted by roseshine View Post
        Yes, on our farm. Big investment and want to make sure I am installing quality equipment...
        I'd respectfully suggest the use of qualified professional engineering services over free and unvetted advice from a chat room. doing so may help protect your investment and help ensure the highest probability of quality design to go with the goal of quality equipment. You get what you pay for.

Comment

Track record of the installer counts for a lot. Have they done similar systems nearby? Are the owners happy? What's the payback time?

At that size system, I wonder if you could economically do part of it now, and the rest in a year after you're happy with the first part.

Comment

The installer is proposing to engineer the project, and they have come with good references. However, as a newbie to this field, I am looking for as much info as possible. I like the idea of doing part of it and then finishing it later - have been considering that as well. That might be the best route at this time.

Comment

I'm really looking for opinions on the equipment, if anybody has experience with them.

Comment

Hello roseshine

Haven't checked the quality of the Q Cell panels but much of the actual QC material is not accessible to system owners so people just tend to stick to certain brands. On the panel side just really have to be aware of the warranty.

We have a ton of experience with Symo inverters. Haven't had any major issues with them and Fronius has been good to work with.

If you are looking for solar engineers with lots of experience feel free to contact me.

RT

Comment

Fronius equipment is top of the line. Have 3 of their inverters on a 38KW commercial system. Can't say anything about the panels. From what I've read on this forum solar farms operate on a very slim margin, competing with the big generating plants. Better make sure that you have all of your contracts in place before pushing the start button.
                  Jeff, BSEE, 22.3KW, 45-240W w/M190, 46-260W w/M250

Comment

Are you offsetting your useage or are you selling power?
                    what racking system are you using?
                    What is racking costing per watt?
                    I can sell my power for 5.2 /kwh. how does that compare with what you are getting?
                    I would install the electrical panel and 3 inverters worth of system just to see how it runs for the summer. Mostly to see if you get enough power to make it profitable. That should bee a good pilot plant. I am looking a Q Cell L-G3 310 Watt modules at $0.68 /watt in 25 unit quantity for my home..

Comment

roseshine, did you follow through with plans for a 500kw installation? I'd really like to know how this panned out.

Comment

Working...
                      X