Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PV cell characterization technologies in the industry

Hi everybody,

I study electrical engineering and this is my first post.

I am mostly interested in the characterization of solar cells. I am not only speaking of I-V curve tracking, but also of imaging of defects (electrical) during the manufacturing process. Defect mapping is something only few cope with. Can anybody give me an overview of techniques like EBIC, OBIC, thermography, or just other ones that are prevalent in PV industry?

Thank you.

ike EBIC, OBIC, thermography, or just other ones that are prevalent in PV industry?
    Good

Comment

Also interested, if anyone has time to explain

Comment

Aren't the PV cells harmful to the users?

Comment

Originally posted by smithkjohn View Post
          Are they like stem cells?
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by komnin View Post
            Hi everybody,

I study electrical engineering and this is my first post.

I am mostly interested in the characterization of solar cells. I am not only speaking of I-V curve tracking, but also of imaging of defects (electrical) during the manufacturing process. Defect mapping is something only few cope with. Can anybody give me an overview of techniques like EBIC, OBIC, thermography, or just other ones that are prevalent in PV industry?

Thank you.
            There are about 30 different tests applied to the individual cells before they are sent to production. reverse leakage, power, breakdown.... some of the tests will reject a whole lot of cells. Certified panels have to withstand 600 - 1,000 Volts, and the cells inside need to be good.
            Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
            || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
            || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
            gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Originally posted by smithkjohn View Post
              How are PV cells harmful to the users and where would you get that idea?

Comment

Working...
              X