• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.P.M.
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2013

Az Corp. Comm.

From the FWIW Dept.:

I don't own any, but anyone who does own any Pinnacle West stock might take note of AZ Primary elec. action of 08/27 that gives a leg up to each of two republican candidates seeking election to the 5 member Az. Corp. Comm. who were opposed by solar energy interests.

Pinnacle West owns APS - a big AZ POCO.
  • SunEagle
    Super Moderator
    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by J.P.M.
    From the FWIW Dept.:

I don't own any, but anyone who does own any Pinnacle West stock might take note of AZ Primary elec. action of 08/27 that gives a leg up to each of two republican candidates seeking election to the 5 member Az. Corp. Comm. who were opposed by solar energy interests.

Pinnacle West owns APS - a big AZ POCO.
    Similar issue down here in Florida where Duke energy provided a big sum of money to our current Governor.

Duke has been pushing back on any type of solar installation especially home owned roof top and our Gov doesn't seem to want to fight their position. So much for the "sunny state" using solar anytime soon.

Comment

• Ian S
      Solar Fanatic
      • Sep 2011

I wouldn't invest in them. They've lagged the DJ Utility index by 14% over the past year. The AZ Secretary of State is investigating some of the dark money outfits that APS has been funding on the down low in order to get its lackeys onto the Corporation Commission. If they campaign well, the Dem candidates for the Commission stand a good chance this fall.

BTW, if rooftop solar is so destructive to the grid, why is APS trying to get into that very business itself?

Comment

• J.P.M.
        Solar Fanatic
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Ian S
        I wouldn't invest in them. They've lagged the DJ Utility index by 14% over the past year. The AZ Secretary of State is investigating some of the dark money outfits that APS has been funding on the down low in order to get its lackeys onto the Corporation Commission. If they campaign well, the Dem candidates for the Commission stand a good chance this fall.

BTW, if rooftop solar is so destructive to the grid, why is APS trying to get into that very business itself?
        I was simply suggesting that because 2 candidates generally known to be disinclined to solar won the primary, that could be a plus for APS in its dealings with solar if those candidates won.

I was not suggesting or implying that APS was trying to get into the solar business or anything of the sort. Rather, that if the market views the primary results as good for APS, that may be news to use.

Comment

Working...