• Sep 2011

Originally posted by ChrisOlson
    Hogwash and mumbo jumbo.
    Now that's an impressive argument! SMH.

Comment

• ChrisOlson
      Solar Fanatic
      • Sep 2013

Yeah well, the thing is the Arctic was pretty much ice-free for close to 1,000 years as recorded in Viking archives. The alarmists try to invent data and theories that disproves it, when there is no data on it. It is just simple fact recorded by the early Vikings. But it is perfectly obvious, even without data, that it had to be pretty dang warm to make Greenland suitable for growing crops even the northern parts, and you can't have an isolated area of warmth for that long centered around Europe only. Then invent some theory that increased solar output and anomalous volcanic activity caused it. FYI, the effects of volcanic activity and solar output is a global thing.

If that same thing happened today, the alarmists declare the sky is falling.

Around these parts where wells have to bored to bedrock at 660-750 feet, well drillers pull up ancient sea bed from about the 425 to 500 foot depth levels. I've stood and watched the stuff coming out the mud pump when they drill wells and there's pieces (and sometimes a full specimen) of ancient sea shells and rocks with the imprint of fossilized aquatic plants in them. This is over 400 feet down standing on what is today 600 feet above sea level. You put two and two together on that one and you realize that the changes this planet has undergone since it was born are pretty severe. Because Wisconsin is about as far as you can get from saltwater in North America, and there is ancient remains of salt water life 400 feet underground. You get further out west in North Dakota and there's oil under there, and guess what makes crude oil? The climate and everything else on this planet has been changing since the word "go" - and mankind thinking it's going to remain static just because he thinks it should because he's on it, is vain.

If you want to believe in the Holy Church of Climate Change, that's fine by me. But I go by the Unholy Church of Chris Olson - and my doctrine is that things are going to change, you have no control over it, so either adapt or die.
      off-grid in Northern Wisconsin for 14 years

Comment

• Sunking
        Solar Fanatic
        • Feb 2010

Interesting fact hid from the public by the media. Scientist come basically in 2 flavors. One is Chocolate and those guys work for a Government who's bread is buttered by the Government and live and die by Government handouts to support the Government line. The other is Vanilla and work in the Private Sector who make considerable more money than chocolate does because they have superior skills and better educated. Sort of like teachers and professors.

Now what is interesting to note is when polled about climate change between the two groups, you get two different answers. Chocolate say it is man made, and Vanilla says it is the normal process earth has gone through for eons.
        MSEE, PE

Comment

• ChrisOlson
          Solar Fanatic
          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Sunking
          Interesting fact hid from the public by the media. Scientist come basically in 2 flavors. One is Chocolate and those guys work for a Government who's bread is buttered by the Government and live and die by Government handouts to support the Government line.
          Yeah, and the government, politicians and people who invented the Cap and Trade and Climate Finance Unit at the World Bank have an ulterior motive - money. Trillions of dollars that the consumer is going to get bilked out of in taxes and Carbon Market money that is going to flow to a few pockets at a volume that makes today's stock markets look like small potatoes. This is the "live in grand style" retirement of the scam artists trying to get their scam established and the largest power grab in the history of government, with even the EPA taking control of state waters as part of their plan, including regulating you catching rain water in a rain barrel because that rain belongs to the government:

You're being hookwinked, people.

Comment

• Ian S
            Solar Fanatic
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Sunking
            Interesting fact hid from the public by the media. Scientist come basically in 2 flavors. One is Chocolate and those guys work for a Government who's bread is buttered by the Government and live and die by Government handouts to support the Government line. The other is Vanilla and work in the Private Sector who make considerable more money than chocolate does because they have superior skills and better educated. Sort of like teachers and professors.

Now what is interesting to note is when polled about climate change between the two groups, you get two different answers. Chocolate say it is man made, and Vanilla says it is the normal process earth has gone through for eons.
            If this is a "fact" then you ought to be able to back up your claim with citations. Since 97% of climate scientists agree on AGW, I think you'll be hard-pressed to present any evidence to confirm your "fact." But, who knows, maybe you can and maybe someday pigs will fly.

Comment

• Ian S
              Solar Fanatic
              • Sep 2011

Yeah, and the government, politicians and people who invented the Cap and Trade and Climate Finance Unit at the World Bank have an ulterior motive - money.
              And money isn't a motive for the fossil fuel industry funded AGW deniers?!!! I think you're the one being hoodwinked.

Comment

• russ
                Solar Fanatic
                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Ian S
                WTF is a "climate change scientist"? I guess that is their certification that they belong to the Holy Church of Climate Change?

On the list of groups I am don't see how the missed the Association of Lemmings. I guess they and similar organizations are well covered in the list of supporting groups.
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• Ian S
                  Solar Fanatic
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by russ
                  WTF is a "climate change scientist"?
                  I wouldn't know. My reference was to "climate scientists."

Comment

• russ
                    Solar Fanatic
                    • Jul 2009

I wouldn't know. My reference was to "climate scientists."
                    Oh gee! WTF is a "climate scientist"? Can be anything from an A to Z - the "sensitivities", aerosol effect and a few thousand other factors (many of which are as of yet unknown or not n=understood) added to the WAGs and SWAGs used mean the results are pretty much useless.

Take better care of the planet? Sure! Dump less crap in the air, on the land and in the water? Yes Get ready for the end of man? Don't think so.

The primary job of the IPCC is to create more jobs to relatives from India.
                    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• billvon
                      Solar Fanatic
                      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by wanabefree
                      We can do our part to not over use or over pollute the Earth without all the hysteria.
                      Agreed. Here we see concrete action being taken without the hysteria, which is good to see.

Comment

• billvon
                        Solar Fanatic
                        • Mar 2012

While some emissions like particulates aren't good for people to breathe, CO2 is not a pollutant. It is part of the earth's natural carbon cycle.
                        So is particulate pollution (forest fires.) SOx pollution (volcanoes) is natural as well, but both those are also classified as pollutants.

But neither my opinion nor yours matters. What does matter is the definition of the US Supreme Court - and they have determined that CO2 is a pollutant that the EPA can regulate.

None of this is about switching from coal to solar. It's all about money flowing from your pockets to a few who have invented the Climate Change Scam and the World Bank's CFU
                        Right. Poor, struggling companies like Exxon, BP and Conoco are being scammed by ultra-rich climate change grad students.

Comment

• russ
                          Solar Fanatic
                          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by billvon
                          So is particulate pollution (forest fires.) SOx pollution (volcanoes) is natural as well, but both those are also classified as pollutants.

But neither my opinion nor yours matters. What does matter is the definition of the US Supreme Court - and they have determined that CO2 is a pollutant that the EPA can regulate.

Right. Poor, struggling companies like Exxon, BP and Conoco are being scammed by ultra-rich climate change grad students.

Again, the loony left chips in.
                          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• Sunking
                            Solar Fanatic
                            • Feb 2010

And money isn't a motive for the fossil fuel industry funded AGW deniers?!!! I think you're the one being hoodwinked.
                            Ian wake up. The fossile fuel industry is not worried one little bit. They, you, and I all know the world will USE all the fossil fuel we can get our hands on. There is NOTHING that can replace it except uranium and other nuclear isotopes are the only fuel sources with a high enough energy density to drive the modern world. That is just scientific facts. Don't believe it. Then sell your car and walk back to Canada.
                            MSEE, PE

Comment

• ChrisOlson
                              Solar Fanatic
                              • Sep 2013

This thread is old and worn out. But Sunking summed it up pretty good in his last post. The human race cannot even change or control one tiny little weather event, like a hurricane, thunderstorm or tornado much less the climate on the whole freaking planet. And for anybody who THINKS they can, they have reached the point of loony-toons ludicrous.

I like the terminology used by these climate change aficionados like "denier". ROTFLMAO!! Get 'em backed into the corner far enough and that's the one they all revert to. Do you idiots go to some kind of school to learn this sh!t?

Comment

• pleppik
                                Solar Fanatic
                                • Feb 2014

This thread is old and worn out. But Sunking summed it up pretty good in his last post. The human race cannot even change or control one tiny little weather event, like a hurricane, thunderstorm or tornado much less the climate on the whole freaking planet. And for anybody who THINKS they can, they have reached the point of loony-toons ludicrous.
                                .....and yet the overwhelming majority of people who study this for a living say it's happening. I suppose you think you're smarter than they are?

Chris, I also used to think that humans couldn't affect the climate. Then I started seeing the hard data and realized that I was wrong.

The simple fact is that human activity has dramatically increased the amount of CO2 in the Earth's atmosphere over the past 100 years, and this has been measured directly over and over and over and over again.

And the simple fact is that CO2 traps heat in our atmosphere, and this has been well understood for 150 years.

If you don't think human activity is changing the Earth's climate, then the burden is on you to explain how it is possible that we could make such a dramatic change and not have any effect. And then you have to explain what other mechanism has created the observed warming over the past 100 years.
                                16x TenK 410W modules + 14x TenK 500W inverters

Comment

Working...