Biggest market To Tap ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest market To Tap ?

DIY In my state appear to be a huge market. But not being persued! Learning curve is biggest bottleneck. I am in a posistion to expand my PV panels aray. Beeing held back by my utility l think? Not receiving compensation for excess generation. Leaves a bad feeling to purchase a PV panel and utility sell your excess generation at full retail rate,to your neighbor. No net metering in my state (PSC)control). Do not receive credit for excess generation. So I am stuck trying to store excess in my hot water heater,heat my home,etc. I think this is called OPPORTUNITY LOADS? How to determine when power is going back to utility. At that point to switch power to hot water tank. I will be controlling power to hot water tank. Market right for DIY GUYS.

There is nothing wrong with a utility paying you wholesale generation charges. They maintain all the lines and come out during storms. Net metering will eventually go away and will convert to wholesale output recompensation. They only paid net metering in the initial years of solar because utilities were not interested in installing their own systems. And much of the renewable standard is done by law, not by choice. It is still far more efficient to run a nuclear plant than thousands of MW of solar arrays. Intermittancy of output is also something grid operators have to plan for. It causes demand/response reaction needs on sections of the grid. Hawaii is trying to deal with this.
    PowerOne 3.6 x 2, 32 SolarWorld 255W mono

Comment

Originally posted by solga View Post
      DIY In my state appear to be a huge market. But not being persued! Learning curve is biggest bottleneck. Yep - learning they don't want to do it.

I am in a posistion to expand my PV panels aray. Beeing held back by my utility l think? Not receiving compensation for excess generation. Leaves a bad feeling to purchase a PV panel and utility sell your excess generation at full retail rate,to your neighbor. Leaves a bad feeling? Big deal - why should you be allowed to sell at full retail to your neighbor?

No net metering in my state (PSC)control). Do not receive credit for excess generation. So I am stuck trying to store excess in my hot water heater,heat my home,etc. I think this is called OPPORTUNITY LOADS? How to determine when power is going back to utility. At that point to switch power to hot water tank. I will be controlling power to hot water tank. Market right for DIY GUYS.
      ​Comment in bold in the text
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by bonaire View Post
        There is nothing wrong with a utility paying you wholesale generation charges. They maintain all the lines and come out during storms. Net metering will eventually go away and will convert to wholesale output recompensation. They only paid net metering in the initial years of solar because utilities were not interested in installing their own systems. And much of the renewable standard is done by law, not by choice. It is still far more efficient to run a nuclear plant than thousands of MW of solar arrays. Intermittancy of output is also something grid operators have to plan for. It causes demand/response reaction needs on sections of the grid. Hawaii is trying to deal with this.
        Not receiving wholesale rate. I pay full retail rate. Utility contract not a good deal for consumer. My generated KWH Moore valuable to me than at 1/3 retail rate utility offering.
        What is the total cost per watt of Japan nuclear plant ,medical loss,businesses lost ,homes lost ,nucular disposal etc. Look at total cost to socity. This is not helping my grandkids, or yours.
        Last edited by inetdog; 05-06-2014, 08:31 PM. Reason: Fixed Quote tag

Comment

[QUOTE=solga;107690]
          Not receiving wholesale rate. I pay full retail rate. Of course -that is why it is called retail

Utility contract not a good deal for consumer. My generated KWH Moore valuable to me than at 1/3 retail rate utility offering. Then keep them for yourself

What is the total cost per watt of Japan nuclear plant ,medical loss,businesses lost ,homes lost ,nucular disposal etc. Look at total cost to socity. This is not helping my grandkids, or yours.
          Your note about the Japanese problem is meaningless babble.
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

If we want to talk Japan. They placed the plant close to the ocean in an area of high siesmic activity. Their issue was powering their water coolant subsytem after the generators were washed over. Poor planning, old fashioned generators yet they kept them running until the troubling event happened.

Nuclear - without being positioned on a fault near the ocean - is very reliable and also a core component of the US and many countries infrastructure. Without nuclear plants, we would be far worse-off as a culture. We need more of it to offset coal. We also need new forms of nuclear such as thorium reactors and full recycled spent-fuel rods like is done in France. Keeping spent fuel rods in water pools in Japan was one of their primary problems. Recycle and reuse.
            PowerOne 3.6 x 2, 32 SolarWorld 255W mono

Comment

If we want to talk Japan. They placed the plant close to the ocean in an area of high siesmic activity. Their issue was powering their water coolant subsytem after the generators were washed over. Poor planning, old fashioned generators yet they kept them running until the troubling event happened.
              They knew it and their own people had pointed out the potential problems and that the sea wall was noy high enough. The "yes man" culture bit them in the butt! The boss declared it OK so it had to be OK.

The earthquake was survivable it the generators had been properly located.
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

If you don't like them paying you the wholesale rate then buy your own battery bank and go off grid. Then you will really see what it costs to provide power 24/7.

Comment

Working...
                X