Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rosstaylor
    • Apr 2013

Global demand for energy

Worldwide demand for power is growing at a rapid pace as population growth and economic prosperity is enabling developing and growing marketplaces to buy increasing amounts of energy consuming goods. The nuclear catastrophe in the country of Japan has shifted the focus of economies around the globe and increased demand for additionally sourced electricity. Meanwhile, risks of oil supply disruptions from Middle East and North African nations are at an all time high; hence the cost of crude oil as well as relevant products are predicted to remain high over the upcoming few decades. Most advanced countries able of investing in photovoltaic energy will do so, and as a result investment in photovoltaic technology will grow strongly over the forecast period.
  • russ
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jul 2009

Hi RossTaylor - Welcome to Solar Panel Talk!

The blather you can do away with though. It says nothing and shows nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• SunEagle
      Super Moderator
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by russ
      Hi RossTaylor - Welcome to Solar Panel Talk!

The blather you can do away with though. It says nothing and shows nothing.
      That person has posted similar "matter of fact" statements in other posts so I would expect they are working toward their 10 post goal to find other ways to advertise.

Comment

• russ
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by SunEagle
        That person has posted similar "matter of fact" statements in other posts so I would expect they are working toward their 10 post goal to find other ways to advertise.
        I actually read every one of posts from newbies - some slimy types are always looking for free advertising.
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• lrogers1843
          • Apr 2013

On that theme, what exactly is advertising?

I, for example, am starting a blog where I like to talk about finance and technology, especially with solar power. I'm guessing ten posts is the threshold for the signature feature? Can I put my blog there like Russ with his company, or is that an exception? Clearly, I'm not going to just blather meaninglessly as an excuse to post links. But Google is a bit tough to crack as a new site, and it would be nice to get some intelligent feedback on what I'm doing. AKA the folks here.

Comment

• russ
            Solar Fanatic
            • Jul 2009

Hi and welcome to Solar Panel Talk.

If Russ had a company and a signature line it would be a different thing but I don't.

Rich (Naptown) was a valued contributor for a long time before he became a moderator.

In short - your signature line will not be allowed.
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• lrogers1843
              • Apr 2013

ah sorry. I guess I mixed you up.

Alright, thanks for the help

Comment

• Aric Dyson
                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by rosstaylor
                Worldwide demand for power is growing at a rapid pace as population growth and economic prosperity is enabling developing and growing marketplaces to buy increasing amounts of energy consuming goods. The nuclear catastrophe in the country of Japan has shifted the focus of economies around the globe and increased demand for additionally sourced electricity. Meanwhile, risks of oil supply disruptions from Middle East and North African nations are at an all time high; hence the cost of crude oil as well as relevant products are predicted to remain high over the upcoming few decades. Most advanced countries able of investing in photovoltaic energy will do so, and as a result investment in photovoltaic technology will grow strongly over the forecast period.
                In my thought about this issues we can't deny the fact that these days there are some problem in our society and one of the major problem that we are facing is population growth. However, let have organize our self first in order to make a solution about this problem.

Comment

• bonaire
                  Solar Fanatic
                  • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Aric Dyson
                  In my thought about this issues we can't deny the fact that these days there are some problem in our society and one of the major problem that we are facing is population growth. However, let have organize our self first in order to make a solution about this problem.
                  Population growth in some circles involves leaders who push for a large family so that they can cause their religion to dominate the world through competitive procreation. Interestingly, more than one religion espouses this. Yeah, that's sustainable.
                  PowerOne 3.6 x 2, 32 SolarWorld 255W mono

Comment

• Naptown
                    Solar Fanatic
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by bonaire
                    population growth in some circles involves leaders who push for a large family so that they can cause their religion to dominate the world through competitive procreation. Interestingly, more than one religion espouses this. Yeah, that's sustainable.
                    not
                    NABCEP certified Technical Sales Professional

[URL="http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showthread.php?5334-Solar-Off-Grid-Battery-Design"]http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showth...Battery-Design[/URL]

[URL]http://www.calculator.net/voltage-drop-calculator.html[/URL] (Voltage drop Calculator among others)

[URL="http://www.gaisma.com"]www.gaisma.com[/URL]

Comment

• inetdog
                      Super Moderator
                      • May 2012

Sustainable?
                      Originally posted by Naptown
                      not
                      Contrast that with several small Gnostic sects in early Christianity who rejected procreation on the grounds that it created new sinful humans.
                      Those sects all died out fairly quickly.
                      SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

• bonaire
                        Solar Fanatic
                        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by inetdog
                        Sustainable?
                        Contrast that with several small Gnostic sects in early Christianity who rejected procreation on the grounds that it created new sinful humans.
                        Those sects all died out fairly quickly.
                        The meek shall inherit the earth. When they come out of their bunkers and caves after all the testosterone parties are over.

Comment

• Sunking
                          Solar Fanatic
                          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by bonaire
                          The meek shall inherit the earth.
                          That is not quite how it works. Believers go to Heaven and wait for judgement day. All those left on earth are left there to to suffer for a number of years, and then kill each other off in the final battle. After that the Saved we all return to inherit the earth.
                          MSEE, PE

Comment

• solarIdiot
                            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Sunking
                            That is not quite how it works. Believers go to Heaven and wait for judgement day. All those left on earth are left there to to suffer for a number of years, and then kill each other off in the final battle. After that the Saved we all return to inherit the earth.
                            Keep dreaming because THAT will never happen

Comment

• bonaire
                              Solar Fanatic
                              • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Sunking
                              I was thinking about this today. I like variety. Send me to another solar system or galaxy. I want to have blue skin and swing from trees. This is a huge universe and I'd love to explore it. I think there are ways to go about this but we have to wait and see...

Comment

Working...